Should I continue in this relationship

JJG91

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 06:58 am
Me and my girlfriend have been together for 4 years, I had to recently move from Manchester to London for work which has been really tough on us but we were getting through it. 2 weeks before we went on holiday everything changed, she became very distant and didn't message or call as much, when i would go home at the weekends her normal loving attitude had changed. I became concerned i questioned her, she didn't know what was wrong and just said that she feels differently now. Late one night i couldn't sleep, i went to put an audiobook on her phone and found lots of messages from a guy from her work that she hadn't mentioned before. some of the messaged were inappropriate, he said things like how good she looked in those jeans and if she wants to kiss him or get a cake, she said cake but then followed up with weve only been to the shops 3 times, i'm a 5 date girl (sorry if this is too much info) this to me was too far, last night i questioned her on it. she seemed quite angry and didn't really apologise, she admitted what she done was wrong and i asked her to message him to say that she wouldn't speak to him anymore, then we would discuss it more this weekend. to this point she still shown me a message sent to him as i asked, she said she will do it in her own time as she is busy at work. I cant shake the feeling that I can't trust her anymore but really want to try and make things work. she promised me that nothing physical happened and i believe her, but how do we move forward from here? is it too late to come back? We've had a fantastic relationship for 4 years where we have had great trust and communication. I know she's upset with me for moving away but I dont think what she has done is justified. PLEASE HELP!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,590 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 08:52 am
May I ask your ages?

Four years is a big chunk to take out of a young person's life.

Perhaps because you weren't there, she looked around at the world a little.

Perhaps she's not ready to settle down and is showing you that.

Good that you found out now.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 09:58 am
I think you should wake up and smell the coffee.
0 Replies

paulineportis

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 12:27 pm
I think you ought to love yourself <3
0 Replies

JJG91

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2016 02:23 am
@PUNKEY,
I'm 25 she is 24, we moved in together about a year ago and i had to move to London on weekdays about 3 months ago although I'm due to return next month it feels like the damage is done, It's just if anything can be still be saved, or if i'm just blinded by the love for a person that's no longer there.
0 Replies