what does this mean and what should i do?

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2004 12:58 am
sorry this might be kinda long

i just started college this fall and i went to this college age church thing, where i met the most awesome girl i've ever met in my life, we started dating like a week after we met, (which never happens w/ me), so we are both really into the church thing and everything is going great, we do most everything together.

then 3 weeks later kinda out of the blue (at least from my perspective), she says we should break-up because she feels that she is going to church to see me instead of god, and that she really needs to get settled before getting into a serios relationship.

I know for a fact she is crazy about me but, i think she might just be scared of commitment or something, she said that she just didn't want to stay together and end up neglecting me or church or her studies. We are planning on talking tommorow so any advice would be extremely helpful, thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 682 • Replies: 3
No top replies

einstein

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2004 01:23 am
You did not say you were in love with her but lets assume that you are. Let her go and do not try to stop her. Do not show any apprehensions at letting her go either. On the other hand it is fine to let her know how you feel about her before you let her go. And, do not go out of your way to make any contact with her afterwards however if you do run across her do remain on friendly terms with her. This means do not ask her out again. If she is as crazy about you as she says she is she will eventually miss you and want you back. This is the advice my mother once gave me and you know what? She is right. It has worked in my favor almost every time.

I hope this helps =)
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:49 am
Dont run after her... But let her know you still care. Respect the fact that she might be a little confused about faith or the way she feels, but let her know that you are there if she needs to talk..just be there for her when she needs you.. that is if you are sure she is still crazy about you.
0 Replies

pdbowers

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 09:06 am
It sounds like the woman was being totally open and upfront with you.
Step back and let nature (and God), take its course.
0 Replies