The Banking System

saw038

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 11:28 pm
“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies" - Thomas Jefferson

In 1913, the Federal Reserve Act was put into action by President Woodrow Wilson.

What do you think about this quote?

And, what do you think about the idea of centralized banking system?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,234 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 03:10 pm
@saw038,
We have the feds to more or less control the banks and interest rates. I like competition in banks.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 01:59 am
@saw038,
Lets talk about the actual banking system, the natural one, survival off the fittest...it banks on others mistakes...our liberties in each generation that passes have to be earned. The latest generations are fatherless when it comes to education and have pink glasses. They give for granted certain social ethic rights. Guess what, they will, are, being eaten alive. Take your money out of the banks and invested it in secure assets that have proven in the past decades to have a steady inflation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:33 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I'm not sure why somebody thumbed you down, but your suggestion to invest it is very sound. My wife and I have invested between 15 and 20% of our income every year when we worked. Most investment gurus tell people in our age group to be invested heavily in bonds. I have never followed that advise, because unless we have confidence in our economy, it doesn't matter how much money you have or don't have. Also, never believed in buying gold as an investment. When it comes time when people have to sell their gold, the demand for gold will decrease, and the price will drop. Our savings is now in the top 5% of Americans.
The average savings for 65 year olds is not enough to retire on by just depending on social security. The best advise is a) diversify, b) invest for the long term, and c) live within your means.
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/011216/average-retirement-savings-age-2016.asp
0 Replies