Suicide attempt

daveyo

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 05:48 pm
So here i am the day after a serious suicide attempt . Where do I go now ? My body was and is so sick and tired and I'm hanging on by a thread . God is not the answer and neither are Samaritans . So what is the best way forward ? It's so tiring Sad

daveyo

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 05:53 pm
@daveyo,
I left my house and went walking . I picked up my diazepam and took it all with alcohol . My heart nearly stopped twice and I'm still here . What's it all about I should died
saw038

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 06:14 pm
@daveyo,
Life can be suck and feel hopeless; you're not alone in feeling that way. But I know it may seem cliche, but there are so many people who have had their lives cut short and would be desperate to have an opportunity to live.

Make small efforts each day to try and find something that keeps you going, because after all, life is just making it through one day at a time.

Go for a walk with no purpose or destination. Go to the grocery store and wander until something interesting catches your attention. Look for new and exciting foods and drink.

Drink some alcohol if you need to maybe unwind for a bit, or smoke cigarettes or 'cigarettes' if you have to. These may not be long term solutions, but after a suicide attempt, it is just about getting by; it is just about finding the motivation to get out of bed the next day.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 06:16 pm
@daveyo,
If you aren't interested in the Samaritans, I still urge you to contact your doctor and start talking. You won't necessarily be medicated. But start talking to a medical professional about this.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 10:35 pm
@daveyo,
I agree with Jespah about seeking help. May seem like a cliche - what the hell do those people know, right? But they (therapists, psychologists, etc) are trained to offer another perspective on things, and sometimes all it takes is just a slight change of perspective to get you moving again.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 06:33 pm
@daveyo,
You need your meds adjusted.

Talk to the doctor who prescribed yours.

You have to make up your mind whether you want to live or not.

Your life is all you have. Are you really ready to give it up?

Do you want to die or do you want the pain to go away?

My bet is it's the latter.

If so, keep trying whatever drugs and therapy will result in the elimination of, at least, most of your pain.

If my bet is wrong, do better...it's really not that hard to kill yourself...if you truly want to.

What you are going through is horrific, but you have to take control.

0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 07:51 pm
@daveyo,
Quote:
I left my house and went walking . I picked up my diazepam and took it all with alcohol . My heart nearly stopped twice and I'm still here . What's it all about I should died

Just be glad you didn't die. You have been given a reprieve. Use this opportunity to find a good reason to keep going. Anything to motivate you whether it be love or hate or god or science or wonder... find it.
One suggestion is: go somewhere you've never been before; it doesn't have to be far away. Try to find something of interest or value.
I realize this isn't the greatest piece of advice but please do something to find a reason to continue. Keep us posted and good luck.
0 Replies