The Future President, Donald Trump Part 2

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 07:06 am
A troll managed to shut down Part 1.

Trump Lays the Groundwork to Back out of the Debates: 'I Don’t Think Anderson Cooper Should Be a Moderator'

The GOP nominee is already priming his supporters to cry afoul about his treatment at the debates.

By Sophia Tesfaye / Salon
September 16, 2016

In the Washington Post interview published Thursday evening that caused all the stir about Donald Trump’s continued birtherism, the GOP nominee also announced that he no longer supports at least one of the already agreed upon debate moderators.

“I don’t think Anderson Cooper should be a moderator, because Anderson Cooper works for CNN and over the last couple of days, I’ve seen how Anderson Cooper behaves,” Trump told The Post’s Robert Costa. “He’ll be very biased, very biased. I don’t think he should be a moderator.”

Just days prior, the controversial candidate called for a debate with no moderators at all, preemptively complaining that the presence of journalists will rig create an “unfair” advantage for his opponent.

“Let Hillary and I sit there and just debate, because I think that the system is being rigged, so I think it’s going to be a very unfair debate,” Trump said on CNBC.

Cooper is set to team up with ABC News’ Martha Raddatz for a town hall style event on October 9, a format and moderators that the Trump campaign had already agreed to. Trump had previously not committed to participating in the debates, objecting first to the debate dates—which overlap with NFL games—and later saying that he would not agree until the moderators were announced.

But on Thursday, Trump complained to The Post that “CNN is the Clinton News Network and Anderson Cooper, I don’t think he can be fair.”

During the Republican primary, however, Trump participated in two town hall events moderated by Cooper and did not object to his participation or complain about his performance, even after the CNN host said one of Trump’s retorts was “the argument of a five-year-old.

Sophia Tesfaye is the Deputy Politics Editor at Salon.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 9,111 • Replies: 101

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 07:08 am

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 07:09 am
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 07:11 am
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 09:06 am
A Trump Empire Built on Inside Connections and $885 Million in Tax Breaks
Source: NY Times

The way Donald J. Trump tells it, his first solo project as a real estate developer, the conversion of a faded railroad hotel on 42nd Street into the sleek, 30-story Grand Hyatt, was a triumph from the very beginning.

The hotel, Mr. Trump bragged in “Trump: The Art of the Deal,” his 1987 best seller, “was a hit from the first day. Gross operating profits now exceed $30 million a year.”

But that book, and numerous interviews over the years, make little mention of a crucial factor in getting the hotel built: an extraordinary 40-year tax break that has cost New York City $360 million to date in forgiven, or uncollected, taxes, with four years still to run, on a property that cost only $120 million to build in 1980.

The project set the pattern for Mr. Trump’s New York career: He used his father’s, and, later, his own, extensive political connections, and relied on a huge amount of assistance from the government and taxpayers in the form of tax breaks, grants and incentives to benefit the 15 buildings at the core of his Manhattan real estate empire.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/nyregion/donald-trump-tax-breaks-real-estate.html?emc=edit_th_20160918&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=36371920&_r=0

The article goes on to mention that tRump obtained a $150,000 grant for one of his buildings near the 9/11 attacks. These grants were designed to help SMALL BUSINESSES in the area recover, even though tRump is not a small business and he stated on the day of the attacks that his building was undamaged.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 10:01 am
A Trump Empire Built on Inside Connections and $885 Million in Tax Breaks

Source: NY Times

"the liberal press, right????"

The way Donald J. Trump tells it, his first solo project as a real estate developer, the conversion of a faded railroad hotel on 42nd Street into the sleek, 30-story Grand Hyatt, was a triumph from the very beginning.

The hotel, Mr. Trump bragged in “Trump: The Art of the Deal,” his 1987 best seller, “was a hit from the first day. Gross operating profits now exceed $30 million a year.”

But that book, and numerous interviews over the years, make little mention of a crucial factor in getting the hotel built: an extraordinary 40-year tax break that has cost New York City $360 million to date in forgiven, or uncollected, taxes, with four years still to run, on a property that cost only $120 million to build in 1980.

The project set the pattern for Mr. Trump’s New York career: He used his father’s, and, later, his own, extensive political connections, and relied on a huge amount of assistance from the government and taxpayers in the form of tax breaks, grants and incentives to benefit the 15 buildings at the core of his Manhattan real estate empire.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/nyregion/donald-trump-tax-breaks-real-estate.html?emc=edit_th_20160918&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=36371920&_r=0

The article goes on to mention that tRump obtained a $150,000 grant for one of his buildings near the 9/11 attacks. These grants were designed to help SMALL BUSINESSES in the area recover, even though tRump is not a small business and he stated on the day of the attacks that his building was undamaged.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 10:28 am
I am not sure why the moderators punish everyone because of trolls, but, they are allowed to do as they think best.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 06:34 pm
@revelette2,
I am not going to sit down for the trolls. Especially goooeyjohn and his AC14747 sock account.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:15 am

Mike Pence Refuses To Call David Duke ‘Deplorable’

The vice presidential candidate said he doesn’t want the former KKK grand wizard’s support — but he doesn’t want to call him names either.
09/12/2016 06:48 pm ET | Updated 6 days ago

Jessica Schulberg Foreign Affairs Reporter, The Huffington Post
MARK RALSTON via Getty Images

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence refused on Monday to say David Duke, the former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, is a “deplorable” supporter of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer pushed Pence, Trump’s running mate, to respond to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton saying on Friday that half of her rival’s supporters fit into a “basket of deplorables.”

“There are some supporters of Donald Trump and Mike Pence who ― David Duke, for example, some other white nationalists ― who would fit into that category of deplorables, right?” Blitzer asked.

First, Pence dodged.

“I’m not really sure why the media keeps dropping David Duke’s name,” Pence said. “Donald Trump has denounced David Duke repeatedly. We don’t want his support and we don’t want the support of people who think like him.” (Trump initially declined several opportunities to distance himself from Duke. White nationalists wrote on hate websites that they interpreted Trump’s behavior as a tacit show of support.)

Blitzer pushed. “Well, you’d call him a deplorable?” he asked Pence.

“No, I’m not in the name-calling business,” the vice-presidential candidate responded, proving that no question is too easy.

“What Hillary Clinton did Friday night was shocking,” Pence continued. “I mean millions of people who support Donald Trump around this country are not a basket of anything ― they are Americans. And they deserve the respect of the Democrat nominee for president of the United States.”

Mike Pence declines to call Donald Trump supporter David Duke “deplorable” https://t.co/D6fuQRolmg https://t.co/S1nfCf8Iyy
— CNN (@CNN) September 12, 2016

Clinton partially walked back her statement on Saturday, but she was quick to jump on Pence’s bungled conversation with Blitzer.

“If you won’t say the KKK is deplorable, you have no business running the country,” she tweeted Monday.

If you won’t say the KKK is deplorable, you have no business running the country. https://t.co/mFut8Qrz9A
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) September 12, 2016

After the interview, Pence insisted his comments had been misunderstood.

It is outrageous that some members of the media are taking quotes out of context! https://t.co/x379lHe86p
— Mike Pence (@mike_pence) September 12, 2016

Duke praised Pence’s interview performance later on Monday.

“It’s good to see an individual like Pence and others start to reject this absolute controlled media,” he told BuzzFeed.

Duke also seems to not mind the title “deplorable.”

“#BasketofDeplorables,” he wrote in a tweet accompanying a highly edited image showing him, Trump and other prominent Trump supporters standing behind a banner reading, “Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.”

This article has been updated with additional reactions from Mike Pence and David Duke.

Editor’s Note: Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, birther and bully who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 06:29 am
Foreign-policy experts grow more hostile to Trump as N. Korea tests missiles

Quote:
Eliot Cohen, an active anti-Trump voice, said that he has never seen foreign-policy professionals so stridently hostile to a candidate.

“He is not only an ignoramus, but he’s a dangerous ignoramus who doesn’t know the first thing about foreign policy and doesn’t care and has some very dangerous instincts,” Cohen, who served in the George W. Bush administration, told The Washington Post in a recent interview. “Part of what is so dangerous about him is not just his ignorance and contempt for our alliances, but his failure to understand how important these have been to our security since 1945. And he has already done a lot of damage. Our allies are deeply shaken by this election.”
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 07:46 am
Fact Checker: Trump’s claim linking NYC bombing to immigration

Excerpt

Quote:
Trump blamed the bombings on the “extremely open immigration system” in the United States, and criticized Clinton’s proposal to accept at least 65,000 more refugees from war-torn Syria. (In the Fox interview, Trump incorrectly says Clinton wants to admit “hundreds of thousands” of Syrian refugees.) But what does the refugee resettlement process have to do with Rahami?

The Facts

There’s always the possibility of inaccurate or incomplete reports in a fluid breaking news situation, such as these bombings. So we will go by what law enforcement has released, which Trump should be going by as well, unless he somehow has direct knowledge of Rahami and his immigration background.

Here’s what we know so far.

Rahami, 28, was born in Afghanistan, came to the United States with his family when he was young and was naturalized, according to the FBI. He lived in New Jersey with his family, above the family’s restaurant, First American Chicken in Elizabeth, N.J. Members of the Rahami family have owned and operated the restaurant since 2002, according to The Washington Post’s review of court records.

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), member of the House Homeland Security Committee, told The Post that Rahami’s “trips to Afghanistan changed him,” adding that the 28-year-old had also visited Pakistan at some point.

Neighbors told the New York Times that Rahami showed signs of radicalization after he visited Afghanistan. But as of Monday night, law enforcement had not yet confirmed whether Rahami was influenced by international terror organizations, or had any links to them.

“I do not have information yet to show what the path of radicalization was,” said William Sweeney, FBI special agent in New York, at a news conference on Monday afternoon. Law enforcement said there was no indication Rahami was a part of a larger network.

This is the trouble with Trump, he goes for simplistic answers which he fits around his preconceived beliefs without checking any facts or waiting for any information to form his opinions of which he fires off continually. We already had an administration which did that Bush W under the direction of Cheney and we have seen the results. Trump would be like that only ten times worse. I don't see how anyone at all can support him and vote for him.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 09:37 am
@revelette2,
Only tRump would try to gin politics into this. Fear must be mighty addictive stuff.
revelette2

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:10 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Actually he is just being the tried and true conservative on the issue of terrorism, blanket blame seems to be the way they think and it works more often than not.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 08:32 am
What do ya'll think of Trump's latest gaffe so to speak on the "African American" communities being the worst than ever in the past? Being worst than slavery, segregation, separate drinking fountains...? Wonder who writes his talking points?
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:01 pm
@revelette2,
Such a schmuck to the max.

My husband and his brother were raised in a primarily black, part hispanic, community as white children of irish descent. He's my ex, but we still talk about family, friends, points of view that still tend to agree. His brother is a high up building inspector, and is happily now assigned to the old Los Angeles neighborhood. My take on Trump is fear - promotion of fear by him, possibly some fear of his own but I don't really pick that up, and my fear that somehow he will win.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:27 pm

Palin to Advise Trump on Improving Sentence Structure

NEW YORK—In an admission that his message might have gotten lost in Monday night’s debate, Donald J. Trump has enlisted the former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to advise him on improving his sentence structure. Campaign officials stressed that bringing Palin on board was not a sign of panic, but merely an acknowledgement that the Alaskan’s communication skills could be Trump’s “secret weapon.” “We would be silly to have a resource like this available to us and not use it,” said Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway. “No one debates like Sarah Palin.”
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Excuse me while I plotz..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
are you cribbing from The Onion?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:57 pm
@ehBeth,
ahhhhh it was Borowitz

Laughing
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 06:21 pm
@ehBeth,
I couldn't help it. It could actually happen.
0 Replies