How to stay when you're attracted to someone?

lili97

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:09 pm
So I am taking Spanish classes in a language school where the teacher was kind of good-looking and I might even be attracted to him under other circumstances...
All in all, I tried to focus on the language itself as much as I could. I did the exercises but when he explained I obviously looked at him. Once, while he was explaining, he caught my eye and he looked into them and just kept explaining the grammar. I got embarrassed, although I tried to stay calm and instead of looking down immediately, I slowly turned my face elsewhere, so I really pretended as if it didn't mean anything. However, from this time on, I realized that he was actually trying to keep an eye contact with me. Whenever he explained something I felt him looking towards me. I don't know if it's only because he thinks that I'm that interested in the language (which I am, though, but still).
I also have no clue whether he was looking at me because he was curios if I really attracted to him or it was because he found me attractive.
I'm sort of a socially awkward person and I easily get in situations like this one and I don't really want to do anything with this weird one, but still, I already payed the whole course and I like this language anyway. So, how could I avoid such embarrassing moments next time? If I kept staring my desk, it would also be uncomfortable.

Thank you for the answers!

lili97

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:17 pm
Sorry, my question would sound like " How to behave naturally when you're attracted to someone? "
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:19 pm
Crushes on teachers are common.

Stay calm and do your homework. It works!
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:49 pm
@lili97,
lili97 wrote:
Once, while he was explaining, he caught my eye and he looked into them and just kept explaining the grammar.

Teachers do this. It's part of their technique. He is trying to see if you understand.

Quote:
I got embarrassed, although I tried to stay calm and instead of looking down immediately, I slowly turned my face elsewhere, so I really pretended as if it didn't mean anything. However, from this time on, I realized that he was actually trying to keep an eye contact with me.

Yes. He was still trying to see if you were getting it, probably more so following the swivelly-eye message he got last time.

Quote:
Whenever he explained something I felt him looking towards me. I don't know if it's only because he thinks that I'm that interested in the language (which I am, though, but still).

See above.

Quote:
I also have no clue whether he was looking at me because he was curios if I really attracted to him or it was because he found me attractive.

He was probably watching you just as much as he looks at the other students. if he looks at you more, he may find you distracting, but that is not necessarily the same as attraction.

Quote:
So, how could I avoid such embarrassing moments next time? If I kept staring my desk, it would also be uncomfortable.

It may help to remind yourself that you are there to learn Spanish, and that mooning over SeƱor Guapo will only annoy him. He probably has one or two blushing maidens in every class. He may even be gay. Try sitting further away.
lili97

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 12:49 pm
@contrex,
Thank you! I read your answer before the class and I thought I would be able to handle this situation. I could more or less, but I have another question after today. Is there a chance that I read some things as signs even if they are not? I don't want to do anything with this situation, but it's really weird. We met only once and he already knows my name (he doesn't know the others' name except for a twin, but they were already taught by him) and during the lesson he came to my desk to check the exercise I did and he said "Excellent" and put his hands on my shoulder. Is it fine?
By the way I don't sit in front of him. I sat at the back of the room.
contrex

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 01:50 pm
@lili97,
lili97 wrote:
Is there a chance that I read some things as signs even if they are not?

He could be sexually harrassing you. He should not be putting his hands anywhere on you.
0 Replies