Will i fit in at an HBCU???

kristi9

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 08:05 pm
I'm a senior in high school, and I am a black female myself. However I just don't know if I would fit in at an HBCU and be able to make friends easily. I'm from Maryland and I hope to attend Fayetteville state university in NC I was recently watching some of their videos on YouTube and thinking I'm not even cool like some of these people lol my personality is a little quirky, a bit of a dork and weird lol I'm fine with that and I understand that I'll find people like that but I want to be comfortable in a place ill be for the next 4 make or break years of my life. My first cousin who has attended that university; as well as her husband, best friend and her husband.
Will it be easy to be accepted by the regular kids lol or will I just have like 2 friends the whole time I'm there. Opinions and advice plzzz thank you for reading
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,611 • Replies: 2
No top replies

chai2

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 08:33 pm
@kristi9,
What's wrong with having 2 friends while you're there? I'd rather have 2 real friends than any number of "friends" for the sake of keeping score.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 07:33 am
@kristi9,
Don't feel like this, you can make friends easily. It's not necessary that good looking people can only make friends.
0 Replies