What the hell is going on?! - Staring Dude

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 08:04 pm
After (high) school lets out everyone goes out to their buses. Another bus is parked next to mine so the windows face each other. For the past week and a half this guy in the grade above me is sitting on the other bus and just staring at me- no emotion on his face, just staring. And he never stops!

It's creepy (at least to me- I pointed it out to my friends who are also on my bus and they agree that it is creepy too.) Most days I'd just glance up to see if he's looking(which of course he is) and then quickly look away.

So a couple of days ago I looked over to see that he was still looking at me(and he was). As usual I looked away and did my best to ignore it but I started getting flustered (blushing, smiling, sinking down into my seat) like I usually did. Then the bus he was on started to pull away when suddenly he started grinning (not a smile) and waving both his hands at me while still making eye contact with me!

It was really fricking creepy. I had some him doing the same kind of motion out of the corner of my eye the day before but didn't think much of it.
So the next day I was really annoyed over it. I mean, why would anyone just stare at someone blankly and do weird things with his hands? Fricking weird.

So the next day I get on the bus in a bad mood at the thought of seeing him again because I know he's going to stare at me. So I'm ignoring him, continuing to talk with my friend who's next to me. I glanced over and caught him staring at me, like usual. For some reason though I wasn't so annoyed about it and found the whole thing as funny as hell. So why his bus started to pull ahead I turned, met his eyes, smirked slightly, and waggled my fingers at him in a sarcastic wave. He smirked slightly back at me and waved back.
Just so you know I have a weakness where if somewhere waves at me, specifically a guy, I get uncontrollably happy. I don't know why but I just love when people wave at me. So I wasn't mad about the whole thing anymore.

Anyways, now this is where it starts to get weird.

So the next day I get on the bus in a pretty decent mood. I ignore him because it's still creepy.

The day after that I saw out of the corner of my eye the guy stand up and draw something on the foggy window. I glance over to see that he drew a HEART on the window. He kept pointing at it, trying to draw my attention to it. Of course I ignored him but I'm still so confused.

I got to know- what the hell is going on?!

Please help me...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,862 • Replies: 8
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:13 pm
What do YOU think is going on ?
18justanotherdreamer

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 04:15 am
@PUNKEY,
I have NO IDEA...

He definitely doesn't like me, I mean what guy just stares at a girl without smiling and then waves like he did. Plus there's a major gap between the creepy staring and the heart drawing.

I think he's taunting me. Last year there was this guy in my grade (different guy, we'll call him Austin) who stared at me for like three months. It was obvious he liked me- he got pushed into me and things like that. Then I started to like him back and now I was the one staring at him. But of course Austin turned out to be a cheating jerk so...

But both Austin and the bus guy were on the football team last year so I'm thinking that Austin told people about the girl who was staring at him (even though he stared at me first) and now the bus guy decides to taunt me about it (I've never seen him before in my life)

Pretty far fetched but that's my theory. What do you think?
18justanotherdreamer

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 04:43 am
@18justanotherdreamer,
You have to understand that I'm a nobody in my school. I'm introverted, I don't talk to people, I have two or three friends... sure people might know my name but they know nothing about me. I've never seen this guy in my life so when he starts staring and doing the things he did- it's out of the blue.

So please, any comments or ideas you have about this whole thing- please post them because I am at a loss.
najmelliw

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 04:54 am
@18justanotherdreamer,
Don't cipher yourself away! Just because you are introvert doesn't mean yo are a nobody...

It's strange perhaps, that this guy is staring at you, but given that you don't know a thing about him (as you say yourself), maybe he's just as introvert a guy as you are. The other day I read a question from a guy who was crushing on a girl a grade under him, and never gathered the courage to ask her out. Now he's in college, she's a senior, and he has no idea how to reach out to her. Just saying, guys can be ass nervous about this stuff as girls are.

Maybe your mystery bus guy is the same. So ask yourself: given that you blush and smile when you catch him looking at you, do you think you have feelings for him? Or that you might get them?

It's probably best to talk to him. It's up to you of course, but if you don't, the creepy staring is likely to continue. At least talking to him will upset the status quo, which would be a positive outcome for you all things considering.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 07:00 am
@18justanotherdreamer,
18justanotherdreamer wrote:

He definitely doesn't like me, I mean what guy just stares at a girl without smiling and then waves like he did. ...

We get guys on here All. The. Time. who stare and stare at women, hoping the woman will somehow, some way, figure out that they like her.

I don't see any difference between this guy and any of them.

If this guy is too shy to say hi, and if you are interested, then go up to him and say hi sometimes. You go to the same school. You change classes at the exact same times. At some point, you're going to run into him in the halls.

If you're not interested, then be A LOT more direct about that. As in, if you need to create a sign of your own, just have it say NO in large, bolded letters and hold it up the next time he stares at you. Don't waffle, don't try to reel him in only to dump him later.

If you're unsure, then keep on waving. But don't say he doesn't like you.

He likes you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 08:55 am
@18justanotherdreamer,
18justanotherdreamer wrote:

After (high) school lets out everyone goes out to their buses. Another bus is parked next to mine so the windows face each other. For the past week and a half this guy in the grade above me is sitting on the other bus and just staring at me- no emotion on his face, just staring. And he never stops!

It's creepy

if it is so creepy, report it to the school authorities

or change your seat on the bus - move to the other side of the bus, move forward or backward
roger

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:22 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

or change your seat on the bus - move to the other side of the bus, move forward or backward

Took the words right out'ta my mouth.
Linkat

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 02:57 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

Took the words right out'ta my mouth.

Mine thoughts too - if it bothers you why wouldn't you just sit on the other side of the bus. Problem solved.

As an aside - he probably thinks you like him as you always sit in the same spot common sense would be if you didn't like the attention you would sit on the other side of the bus so as not to view him. By you sitting in the same spot it would make him think you like him staring at you.

So be honest with yourself - do you like the attention? Is that why you keep sitting in the same spot?
0 Replies