Just a brain check

Thok

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 12:56 am
To check about our most important organ, the brain:

Scientists are mapping the pathways that link emotion to health. The challenge for the rest of us is to put the discoveries to work.

Quote:

complete check
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 663 • Replies: 3
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:42 am
I had a high paying stressful job once. I developed such bad backaches I couldn't get in and out of my truck. Finally I quit the job and my aches disappeared. Naturally I'm a pauper. It's a fair exchange.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:30 am
Well, well. The medical community is finally starting to "get it". Alternative medicine has long known of the interaction between mind/body, which was basically scoffed at by traditional medicine. Little by little the medical community is starting to realize that there IS a very strong connection between mind and body.

Years ago, I was in the midst of a long term, extremely stressful situation. I developed a very nasty case of psoriasis, which is thought to have some psychogenic origins. As soon as the problem was resolved, the psoriasis slowly went to remission, never to appear again!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:46 am
One of the acquired skills of motherhood is the ability to use psychology/witchcraft/positive thinking to cure both physical and mental ailments.
0 Replies