Don't you love the topics here?

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:56 pm

Sometimes I just cruise down the topic titles on this forum.
It's sort of like channel surfing during the afternoon soaps.

Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 942 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:58 pm
Sometimes reading this board makes me sad (at what people do to one another).

All of this gives me motivation to work harder.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:35 pm
The saddest thing is that some people who post heartbreaking stories in this forum are imposters with fake stories. It makes it tough to figure out who is actually in need of help, and who isn't.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:43 pm
Some people need to get attention. Even if they're imposters A2K gives them solace.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:46 pm
Given the current flurry by hatchlings in the marriage and relationships forum, I suspect there is a graduate student on the loose.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:47 pm
I don't get it. Explain
0 Replies

random sunspots

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:48 pm
A social psych student I'd assume, lol.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:58 pm
Yes, or Family Studies
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 04:01 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
Given the current flurry by hatchlings in the marriage and relationships forum, I suspect there is a graduate student on the loose.

Ya think? Hey, maybe it's for Dr. Phil or to nail the place as the next guru du jour! Laughing Makes me wonder why I bother to try answering honestly in the first place... Wink No more princess niceguy! I'm mad as heck and not gonna take it anymore!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 04:20 pm
We have had some imposters.

But we also get sincere people who find us through a search on these kind of subjects on google because of existing thread titles here, and they come and ask their question here too. (I think it was sozobe who said that earlier today.)
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:22 pm
Yes, Osso, a2k attracts alot of sincere newbies, and I was one of them. You guys really helped me out with all of your caring words a few months back.

Keep helping others. I have learned, (from a very public a2k foible of my own on this forum), to NOT respond to posters whom I think are either imposters, or "impossibles."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 09:26 pm
I haven't seen any clangers on sincerity lately, though I have been fooled before. (yikes, don't get me started) As a place/group we seem to have decided to err on the side of helping, such as we can, each to our own view of helping.

My question is if people ever read old threads. I think they do. I might if I was trying to figure a situation out. I think they are there as a repository of viewpoints, past the immediacy for whoever posted the original question.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:20 pm
I think there is certainly a way, after watching how a thread progresses and how a new member reacts, writes and answers, that give strong hints about their sincerity. Again, I have been fooled in the past as well.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:47 pm
But.. if the repository of questions exists, and we can get people to use it, it matters much less if any one bright bored person is having fun or working up some paper. Mostly we can tell, and mostly that is not happening. Mostly people are sincere.

And we are generally sincere in answering back, if not every person every time. Some aren't some times. Usually it is clear when someone is spoofing, riffing, cajoling, jestering.

If people try to trick us with sincere grad student questions and fake responses, well, geez, I am sorry for them. A lot of nonsense when we could all just talk.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:52 pm
Well, I can't argue with that osso.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:53 pm
And, by the way, welcome to a2k, Hollywood, glad you are here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:57 pm
Go ahead, argue, Cav, I am starting to babble.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:00 pm
Actually, I agreed with your post, so no need. Wink
0 Replies

Hollywood

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:37 am
ossobuco ~ thanks for the welcome Smile
0 Replies