Latin to english tranlation

Kat325

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:28 am
I found a ring with a latin inscription, I was wondering if you could please translate it for me.
"Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit"
Thanks a lot for the help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,661 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Thok

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:32 am
well, the ring is an emblem of the 14th Degree of the Scottish Rite. The translation of "Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separbit" is "What Virtue has joined, Death Cannot Separate."

The degrees of Scottish Rite Masonry (4th - 32nd) are a wide and elaborate commentary on the basic lessons of the primary three degrees of Craft ("blue-lodge") Masonry up to Master Mason. They have inspired many with the hopefulness and wisdom of their teachings.
0 Replies

Kat325

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:49 am
Thank you very much, perhaps you could explain the symbol on it as well, It is a triangle with a kind of squiggle in the middle. I have been trying to figure this ring out for a while now, thanks again for your help.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:58 am
The triangle with the squiggle may be the "All Seeing Eye" and common Freemasonry symbol.

http://www.crystalinks.com/allseeingeye.html
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 11:34 am
Acquiunk--

Great web site. Thanks.
0 Replies

Kat325

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:30 pm
Thank you very much, I thought it was a wedding riong or something, apparently not, This has been very educational, thanks again.
0 Replies

justinjdavis

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:10 pm
Actually, the triangle with the squiggle is the hebrew symbol "jod" which stands for God.
0 Replies