Ralph Nader Professional Ass....

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:10 am
The guy can't even represent a party...if he can't run for one party he'll run for another.....what's for 2004 the national booger party? This guy is a bigger whore than Zell Miller if possible.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,718 • Replies: 26
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:21 am
Been trying to follow his efforts to get on the Florida ballot but it's beyond me. By the time the court decides on the case it'll be Inauguration Day.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:29 am
The Florida Supreme Court put him on on....imagine that......

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/18/presidential.polls.nader/index.html
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:32 am
Whore or not. People will vote for him. I guess they are under his spell or something.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 04:10 pm
Unsafe at any speed.
0 Replies

John Kerry

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 04:19 pm
Are you not for the environment ? Kerry is more of a ass..... jack ass that is...heeehaw
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 04:28 pm
I'll have to agree Kerry...heehaw and yuk yuk
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 04:34 pm
BBB
I've liked and admired Ralph Nader for forty years. I understand what he's trying to achieve with regard to promoting third party access to election participation based on his lack of respect for the current prevailing parties.

This will be the first presidential election in which I will not vote for Nader because I now live in a battleground state where the vote will be too close to vote my conscience. My vote for Kerry will be based on pragmatism to get George Bush et al out of office.

BBB
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:01 pm
I lived in TX during the last election, at that time I voted for Nader as well. I am now living in WI, And will be voting Kerry.

To be honest though, after really thinking about it for a long time after the last election, I don't think I would vote 3rd party in this election no matter where I lived.

"The Art of War" at some point in some way (It's been awhile since i read it Embarrassed ) that the key startegy is to divide your enemy while consolidating your own forces. As long as the "Right Wing" only has the Republicans to vote for in national elections, I will be voting Democratic.

At the same time I have been working to ope up the National level elections to all parties, conservative and liberal.

I don't really belive a 3 party system that splits up the liberal vote is really going to do me, as a progressive, any good.

I think that if we really want to open up the political system to everyone we need 4, 5, even 6 candidates, so that each individual is forced to really think about what issues are important to them, and vote accordingly.

The 2 party system we have is undeniably broke, and to be honest makes it too easy for the American people. (It has become very easy for the american people to split the parties into Good VS Evil and vote according to whichever has had the most propaganda in prime time). But in what appears to be the current 3 party system that Republicans are pushing for (by trying to collect signatures in battleground states to get Nader on the ballot) is even more dangerous to those of us that lean left than the current 2 party system we have.

IMO...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:07 pm
coachryan
coachryan, welcome to A2K; glad to have you here.

I think your observations are correct. Both parties are in bed with corporate america: Republicans because they are it's base. Democrats because of the huge costs of running for office at any level, but especially for president.

BBB
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:11 pm
TY,
been lurking for awhile now, but just signed up a few days ago. I really like the atmosphere here and am glad to become part of the community Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:12 pm
Your last post was a keeper...keep it up.
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:14 pm
hehe tyvm Embarrassed
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:42 pm
Doesn't anyone realize that keeping ANY candidate off of the ballots, for practically ANY reason, is a terrible plan? The 2 party system is protecting itself AGAINST the will of the people.

It could easily be argued that Ross Perot is the reason Bill Clinton was elected the first time around. Having grabbed 19 percent of the popular vote; it could not be easily argued that Ross Perot shouldn't have been allowed to compete...

Yet, seemingly, when it came time for the debates 4 years later (where he had previously doubled his following), the 2 party system determined he shouldn't be allowed because he doesn't have a chance.

That is simply wrong, people. It is dirty pool, and detrimental to the United States to allow these 2 clearly corrupt parties to disallow competition... in any State. And, attempts to do so, by either Party, should be met with contempt... not Party loyalty (or candidate/anti-candidate loyalty).

I find it somewhat disturbing that people think it is okay to try and block a Presidential candidate from running. Disgusting, really.

It is perfectly acceptable, logical and reasonable that BBB will vote for a candidate for purely ABB reasons. It is unacceptable, illogical and unreasonable to support nullifying 3rd, 4th or 5th party candidates to achieve that end. Think it through.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:44 pm
my bitch is that nader doesn't even represent a party....he just wants on the ballot....opportunistic
c*#t.....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:46 pm
With all do respect, BPB, your bitch is with Bush, not Nader. No?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:53 pm
both.......and in this caser I would have to side with bush....at least that misguided bastard believes his own bullshit.....
0 Replies

lodp

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:04 pm
There's a line in the roundtable discussion transcript I just posted that sums it up pretty well for me:

David Cobbs: The problem we all face is our voting system, which is forcing voters to vote against what they hate rather than for what they really want.

And... there's a scene in Matt Groenings "Futurama" that really knocked me off: In the year 3000 there's a political debate on TV:

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0203357/candidates.jpg

Leela: Look, I know there are no car chases but this is important. One of these two men will become president of the world.

Fry: What do we care? We live in the United States.

Leela: The United States is part of the world.

Fry: Wow! I have been gone a long time.

[One of the candidates, Jack Johnson, begins the debate.]

Johnson: [on TV] It's time someone had the courage to stand up and say: "I'm against those things that everybody hates".

[The other candidate is John Jackson.]

Jackson: [on TV] Now I respect my opponent. I think he's a good man but, quite frankly, I agree with everything he just said!

Fry: These are the candidates? They sound like clones. [He looks a little harder.] Wait a minute. They are clones!

Leela: Don't let their identical DNA fool you. They differ on some key issues.

Johnson: [on TV] I say your three cent titanium tax goes too far.

Jackson: [on TV] And I say your three cent titanium tax doesn't go too far enough!

Fry: If I were registered to vote, I'd send these clowns a message by staying home on election day and dressing up like a clown.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:07 am
Pots calling kettles black. It's all a"big conspiracy" by big government and big corporate fat cats. Love it or leave it kiddies. Move to Russia.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:06 am
Chuckster old buddy when the day comes you can come to my property and pack me up and move me...I'll go.

Better have a big breakfast. Laughing
0 Replies