Why do women do this? HELP!

Jfrie07

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 09:35 am
So this weekend I went to a resort in Florida and was hanging out in a lazy river with a friend and two very pretty girls come up to me and ask me for my number. I tell them "I don't have my phone on me this second, but we can meet up later and exchange them". She then says okay and they both proceed to leave. An hour later I see them around my table and approach them two for their numbers, but this time I actually have my phone. But this part is what really made me super confused. The girl who asked me the first time didn't say a word to me or even make eye-contact with me. Her friend had to respond to me instead. I said "Hey, my phone is right here, if you're still interested we can exchange phone numbers." They then whispered to eachother and her friend shurgged at me and waved goodbye to me.

So at this point I was confused, felt half-rejected, and it ruined my day a little. Is this a new "meta" for women to "troll" guys for their phone numbers. I have no idea so if someone could maybe explain in the comments something I did wrong or something that would be great LOL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 621 • Replies: 11

maxdancona

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 10:42 am
@Jfrie07,
People are crazy. Women are people. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. Just chalk it up to people are crazy and let it go.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 10:48 am
Whatever interested them at first is gone. No blame need be placed on them or you. Just one more little incident from daily living.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 11:08 am
Some guy saw you chumming it up with your male friend and asked the ladies to get your phone number for him. Smile
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 11:14 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

People are crazy. Women are people.

This is a good general rule. People are especially crazy when they find one attractive. Also, perhaps these girls felt the OP rejected them, and they wrote him off after that?
Jfrie07

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:01 pm
@Kolyo,
What do mean by the last sentence?
Kolyo

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:16 pm
@Jfrie07,
Just that you wouldn't give them your number right away, so maybe they felt you weren't interested enough. But don't worry too much about my answer. I'm not an expert on women, and I was just guessing at their motives.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:25 pm
@Jfrie07,
If I asked a guy for his phone number and he declined (you didn't know your own phone number?), I'd have thought he was blowing me off and not responded positively if he approached me later.
Jfrie07

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:33 pm
@Kolyo,
Ok thanks
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 01:05 pm
Some women do this all the time. They think it's funny.
0 Replies

Jfrie07

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 02:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks. I will keep this in mind.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 06:59 pm
I agree. Perhaps this was a "contest" to see how many numbers they could collect. By the time they saw you again, the game was over.

Anyway - You should have waited for them to ask again when you saw them later.
0 Replies