cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:14 pm
Has anyone ever tried this carb blocking extract from white kidney beans? Does it work? Did you experience any side effects?

I find that eating low carb helps me lose weight but I can only stand to be on the damn low-carb diet for so long, then I lose it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,225 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm
Anybody?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 12:37 pm
I tried something from Naturol called a carb blocker, and it contained an extract from some kind of bean, so it's probably the same thing.

Worthless, but maybe they can show some effect in the lab. I am diabetic, and monitor blood glucose closely after experiments like this. It made no measurable change after a meal I am quite familiar with. Glad somebody asked.

Now! You might check out Dreamfield spaghetti, and other Dreamfield pastas, though the spaghetti is the only product of theirs I have tested. Blood sugar readings are entirely consistant with their claim of 5 effective grams carb.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:05 pm
You're welcome
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:19 pm
Sorry Roger, I lost track of this thread. Thank you for the response. So far I haven't lost any weight, so I guess you're right on. Wink
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:27 pm
Sometimes, you just have to look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself some tough questions:

Have you ever seen a fat coke head?

You're welcome, too.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:52 pm
I quit smoking about five years ago and have steadily gained weight ever since, so I know exactly what you mean Slappy.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 07:04 pm
Sorry for being snippy, cj
0 Replies