Healthcare, lifecare or death delay?

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:09 pm
Hi! I'm new to A2K, been a chiropractor for years and have a topic I'd appreciate feedback and thoughts with ...... I believe our (USA) medical care system is not only completely inequitable in its distribution and cost, but is utterly a flop in its foundation and what it supports in terms of the lifestyle of its citizens ..... you with me thus far??? Basically I experience our system as being focused only on our delaying death (time lived), and pretty much blind to a desire to support us to more fully (ethically & healthfully) live each precious moment. The healthcare that I participate in must support my curiousity about my body & all its processes, including pain and dying! ......
ENUF for starters? Your thoughts, loves, questions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 417 • Replies: 1
No top replies

revo39564

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:19 pm
Money talks and BS walks
I have found a great tragedy in our healthcare system. I am a RN who worked for a University Hospital's CVR/CICU. They would do open heart surgeries for pts who could not afford them. These people could not afford any healthcare. They were primarily the working poor with no healthcare insurance or were "disabled." IF these patients would have had routine checkups they could have been placed on appropriate medications and probably avoided the need for a CABG. A basic primary care clinic is not that expensive for a government to set up. I do not advocate a pure socialized medical systems, but some basic services should be provided.
0 Replies