my stupidity casued regretting...help!

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 03:35 am
i had a girlfriend whom i really loved. i am sure she also loved me too but for some reasons i wanted to stop talking with her and now regretting a lot . it's been a year since we talked last time. and now i found her phone number but i am afraid of calling her.the thing which is stopping me from calling is what if she has already forgotten me and i don't even know what to say.

it would be very helpful if you tell me what to do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 412 • Replies: 3

contrex

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 05:01 am
Call her. You have nothing to lose. She will either reject you or she won't.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 08:06 am
I agree with Contrex and I would also say,

Examine you reasons for breaking things off with her in the first place.

What has changed?

Did you change? If so you might start things off with that change when contacting her.

If you have not changed and she has not changed what makes you think things will be different?

In contacting her you may be renewing a relationship that has no means of working unless someone has changed whatever it was that soured it in the first place.

Just because she accepts your invitation does not mean it will work out until you get at the root of the problem in the first place.

Why love now and not love then? Look honestly inside yourself and discover your true motivations...

Stupidity? Well maybe... Smartening up means you have changed...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 09:11 am
@ahmadali,
Not a thing wrong with calling her. I'm sure she has not forgotten you (after all, it has only been a year.) But keep in mind she may well have moved on and have no desire to restart a relationship with you, romantic or friendship. So keep that in mind.

I do agree that you should really look at why you stopped talking to her. Why are you just now, after a year, regretting it? Could this be a simply matter of you finding that you are not in a relationship and are grasping at straws to jump back into one without having to do a lot of work? You need to think this through a bit.

But hey, if you two had a relationship, nothing wrong with calling to say hello. Then just see where the conversation goes.
0 Replies