Past Tense Question for "To Camera"

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 11:57 pm
@Ragman,
That is interesting Ragman. The apostrophe is a great device of grammar. Smile

Some here would prefer jumbled illegible words rather than using it.

The apostrophe has varying uses and these uses do not necessarily oppose one another but rather compliment.

I used to use contractions a lot in song writing 'til I realized it made my songs look illiterate rather than more legible as in the case with camera'd.

dreamin'

wishin'

0 Replies

Rita Pasbrig

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:15 pm
@TheCobbler,
If camering is the act of scoping a drain pipe then why isn't camered the past tense of having done it? (Notice the missing 'a')
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:25 pm
1) The only example of a verb in the standard US English dictionary that I could find is subpoena. The past tense is subpoenaed. If you follow that example for "camera" it would be cameraed. That is what I would use (unless told otherwise).

2) I don't get the hostility toward TheCobbler. I support them, and I don't see any reason for this nastiness on a thread about grammar.

0 Replies

Selandescay

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 10:33 am
it's: Camered, "Used to being watched by the overseer, it was a different sensation with the workstation camered."
0 Replies