OH MAN I NEED AN EXPERT!

PamO

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:55 am
yes, yes soz. i think you're on target. i can remember being 17 like it was yesterday! fun, fun, fun times. and you do learn a lot about human nature. flirting around and having crushes is an important part of life! keep living, xale!

(maybe that's why a crush is a "crush." sometimes you do feel crushed if the chrushee isn't as smitten.) Sad
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:23 am
Xale,

1.) Be confident. Just walk up to her and say" Hey Chris, I had a great time with you at the dance and was wondering if you wanted to go out with me and do something this weekend."

2.) Have a plan. If she says yes she will probably ask what you want to do. DO NOT say "I don't know...What do you want to do?" Have a plan and have something to do. Movies are always easy but I suggest something where you can talk and get to know each other a little better.

3.) If she says no don't worry about it. Just say, "Alright...well I'll see you around." Be nice and don't worry...there are plenty of other girls out there.

4.) Don't be scared of rejection. Remember, if you ask her out she may say yes or she may say no. But ifyou never ask her you will never end up with her.

5.) Don't ignore everything Asherman wrote. An education is very important but there is no reason you can't do both.

Good Luck and have fun.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:26 am
There's some good advice!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:26 am
Infatuation is wonderful. (As in "full of wonder.") It's an important part of life, not to be belittled or invalidated in any way. These feelings are impossible to control. The best we can do is to control our behavior. Of course Xale thinks this girl is one in a million. We all feel the same way when we are infatuated, no matter what age we are.

I think Xale has a good handle on all this. It can be very difficult to know the right way to deal with your feelings, especially when you're young. I think it's quite admirable that he has the courage to come here and talk about it. I wouldn't have been that brave at his age.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:31 am
sozobe wrote:
There's some good advice!

Thanks Soz Very Happy
0 Replies

Xale

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:41 pm
Thanks
Hey thanks I love the help! I might try some of it! Well I do have some conections I can use to my advantage maby I will try that.... What I mean is this friend of mine Emily is her friend and I like to talk to her. She even lent Chris her dress for the dance! I will see if Chris has said anything befor math class tomarrow. Infact today Emily asked me how I was doing sense the dance and I replied "well... I guess I'm holding up..." because Emily knows I like her. She also suggested I give her a flower so I bought a $30 rose, then I found out it was just as friends so I got casual and did not give her it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:44 pm
Go for it . . . and lighten up, take it easy, and enjoy . . .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:44 pm
OK... Emily is Chris' friend. Emily suggested that you get Chris a rose... that's all sounding encouraging. It sounds possible that Chris has told Emily that she likes you, you've told Emily you like Chris, and Emily is trying to help things along.

Keep us posted!
0 Replies

Xale

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:48 pm
Bye the way
I am foucusing on my studies their is only three times I have had Chris get in the way with them.

1) When I first asked her to the dance I sat at lunch and I was thinking about how I was going to ask her and did not even notice I was sitting right next to her!

2) In Latin when I was called on randomly I saw her in the hallway and froze!

3) In Math (every day) when I am sitting in the back with my best friend Andy and she sitis in the front. (I tend to glance at her alot to see if she is peeking back) (I can't really sit with her because she always sits with this other girl)

Come to think of it when we corrected homework we had to be in groupes of 4 and Andy and I worked alone and she came back herself and brought her friend to correct with us!) (this is all after the dance)
0 Replies

Xale

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:51 pm
other than....
On a none Chris related topic I have to say you guys really hve helped me gain alot of confidence back that had been crushed. Mabey i was wrong mabey this was a great idea!? I will keep you posted mostly because I get awsome feed back...
0 Replies

Xale

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:17 pm
That is weird?!
For a while, I mean a while I could not get to this site it said the server was not found!? Oh well I am here now........
0 Replies

Xale

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:27 pm
Great response but....
When I choose these forums as my last resort I tried 3 different ones to see the best way to handle this Chris thing. I choose this site, Loveshak and Jokaroo. You guys have been by far the best help ever and I am starting to perk up. Here is a cool post by another person.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's so sweet! I can relate- i was in love with the same guy all throughhigh school

Okay, so this is what I suggest...
So she wants to go as just friends? Well okay then! use that to your advantage! become her friend. find out about her likes/dislikes, her ambitions, her dreams, what makes her tick. Become a good friend - even if that's all she wants at the moment.

Believe me, the closer you get to her and the more and more she is aware of your pressence, you will start to creep into her thoughts and she will start to associate you with feeling happy and good about herself.
I can't guarantee that she will fall head over heels in love with you straight away but i can tell you from what ive experienced and witnessed....

when somone makes an effort to become friends with their crush- it nearly always develops into more eventually. You just need to spend time with her and make yourself known to her.

good luck! i know it's hard to be in a situation of unrequited love- but you can do it!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont want to bother you guys but thanks....
0 Replies