Citing an example of each era......

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:07 pm
Hey guys, im hoping you can help me about here.... so please describe what are the distinguishing characteristics (uniqueness) of the eras: Pre-History (Tribal), Civilizations, Empires and National States.

I've never payed any attention to my history class, and know i realize how wrong was i... please can you teach me something!!!!... ghee thanks...

nati Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 630 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Paaskynen

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:05 pm
This is a rather crude chopping up of history in periods for which the terms are not very precise. Strictly speaking pre-history means the state of any society before the invention/adoption of a written language and the term civilisation can be used for any human society (apart from also being the name of a computer game Very Happy ) although it here most likely refers to the emergence of cities.

I infer from the terms though that the question seeks differences in the way society is organised in these four stages of development. You might want to look into that.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:15 pm
I agree. And, additionally, you might consider, that history didn't follow a strict, logic line on all continents - if ever :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:20 am
Quit wigglin' around like that . . . watch it! Get your feet back in there . . . okay, i've got this lot boxed up, somebody tape this shut while i sit on it, before they get out and start runnin' wild again . . .
0 Replies