Has Anyone Considered That Kerry Knows He's Losing

revel

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:29 pm
Dems might not be known for military knowledge but Kerry sure knows more than Bush.

If something don't happen soon, he might loose. But he might not for some reason I just feel that Kerry is going to win.

If he don't, we have had enough practice unfortunately to take it. If Kerry wins, I can imagine that there will be a lot of ticked off republicans.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:55 pm
Memo to The Democrats:

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10156/quitdigging.jpg

Keep on diggin' ... you're doin' a fabulous job
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:52 am
timberlandko wrote:
Memo to The Democrats:

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10156/quitdigging.jpg

Keep on diggin' ... you're doin' a fabulous job

Laughing

timber, i don't agree with everything you say, but you have a great sense of humor. sincerely.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 02:13 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Kerry is known for being strong in the home stretch. I woudn't count him out.

I share Dyslexia's assessment of Kerry's positions. However he is a shrewd and expereienced politician who has been in tough campaigns before.

When Kerry pulls it out in November I may tell you that I hate to say 'I told you so'. If I do, don't believe it for a second.

I think the main problem for the Dems/libs/'progressives' this year is that they assume the rest of the country thinks like they do.

Far from it. As much as the Left hates Bush, this same hate blinds them to the qualities that make Bush a strong leader in the eyes of most of mainstream America.

I expect that most of you who this addressed to will respond with more hatred and further degeneration of Bush.

But you still don't get it.....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 02:51 am
A Lone Voice wrote:
I think the main problem for the Dems/libs/'progressives' this year is that they assume the rest of the country thinks like they do.
Far from it. As much as the Left hates Bush, this same hate blinds them to the qualities that make Bush a strong leader in the eyes of most of mainstream America.

sorry alv. aside from the conservative assumption that anyone that doesn't like bush is "outside the mainstream", whatever the hell that means, aren't we all americans?

this is what i've found;

despite the polls, i have a hard time believing that the country is split much differently than the 50/50 that we've heard about over the last 4 years. i have family and friends spread all over the u.s.. some are very conservative, some are very liberal and some are, like myself, somewhere in between. and all are very concerned about what is going on here.

not one of them has voiced "high confidence" in bush. not one. from the oldest to the youngest. the most conservative have said something like, "i don't know who to vote for. i don't trust bush anymore and i can't vote for a democrat ( por que no ?). maybe i just won't vote this time".

not a glowing recommendation from the people that went through so much trouble to raise me republican.

my remarks might be meaningless but for the fact that, despite all of the hoopla, clinton left office with someting like a +/-63 approval rating.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 03:34 am
Actually, most polls show Bush's main strength is his leadership. I'll put the link to a recent USA Today/CNN/etc poll at the end of this post; look for his numbers in the "strong and decisive leader" part towards the end.

But I hear what you are saying. I tried to address this in a different thread about the way both parties try to tear down the opposing party's leader. But it bothers me that while the righties got in a lather about Clinton's BJ by Monica, the Dems are attacking America's (yes, Bush is our president and thus represents America) involvement in Iraq.

It just seems that in time of war (and most libs were very vocal in America's military action in Afghanistan), Dems are so opposed that they undermine the military mission. Yes, Vietnam was a bad thing and the US shouldn't have got in it last time, but that doesn't mean the Left is right this time.

The same Dems who are protesting today are the same Dems who were 100% against President Reagan's success in the cold war. Yet, look at what that accomplished; we, and the world, are far safer today with the break up of the Soviet Union.

The Dems were on the wrong side of history that time. Now, it seems that they are hoping for the worse in Iraq, simply to get their guy elected.

The same people who say Bush has used propaganda to position the US in the war on terrorism are the same people using propaganda to undermine the military's success; of course, they do not realize (I hope) the harm they are doing to our nation's chance to survive the next attacks. But then, they'll just say I'm using propaganda, right? Smile

You point out the 50-50 split (which is actually closer to 60-40 right now), but if the Repubs were rallying the discontent and hatred in WWII that the Left is right now, we would have never entered that fight and England would have a decidedly Prussian slant in 2004......

Here is that poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/polls/usatodaypolls.htm
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 03:53 am
A Lone Voice wrote:
Actually, most polls show Bush's main strength is his leadership. I'll put the link to a recent USA Today/CNN/etc poll at the end of this post; look for his numbers in the "strong and decisive leader" part towards the end.

o.k. cool, alv. i want to continue this, but it's late, i'm fading fast and i have session in the late am manana.

i'll bookmark and pick up then...

Cool
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 06:15 am
The people that I know who are definitely going to vote for Bush have told me the reason is that they think Kerry/Democrats want to tax them to death. As much as I've heard that people believe Bush to be a great leader, it seems to come down to taxes in my neighborhood.

I still believe the country is very divided and that the bounce Bush got was due to them convincing many undecideds that Kerry was not a viable candidate, and not due to any alignment of mainstream political views with the Republican party.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 06:44 am
FreeDuck wrote:
The people that I know who are definitely going to vote for Bush have told me the reason is that they think Kerry/Democrats want to tax them to death. As much as I've heard that people believe Bush to be a great leader, it seems to come down to taxes in my neighborhood.

I still believe the country is very divided and that the bounce Bush got was due to them convincing many undecideds that Kerry was not a viable candidate, and not due to any alignment of mainstream political views with the Republican party.

agreed.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:03 am
Quote:

I agree too. I think that many people are not too enamoured of Bush, but Kerry, IMO, is such a poor alternative. I really cannot figure what the Democrats thought that they would accomplish when they chose Kerry to be on the ballot!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:06 am
I have written more critical letters to my elected officials re Bush policies than in any previous administration including the Clinton years. I would guess very few Republicans are anywhere close to 100% agreement with those policies.

Nevertheless I believe Bush will win in November because he has been steadfast, consistent, and trustworthy on most of those issues that are most important to a majority of Americans:

He is perceived as being honest and genuine and unphony - many Americans put more importance on that than they do on a few issues on which they disagree.

He won't wimp out on the war against terrorism and he is getting deserved credit for preventing the terrorists from doing us further direct harm since 9/11.

He is focused on defense of family and education and the military and preserving what many Americans regard as the "American way".

Given Bush's negatives, Kerry might have had a shot if he had just been consistent, steadfast, and trustworthy in something important to the American people. He hasn't been.

Of course it is still six weeks to the election and anything can happen in that length of time.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:27 am
Thanks, DTOM. Hell, playin' politics without a sense of humor is a ticket to madness. There's no sense lettin' your administrational preferences ruin your mood. 'Course, some folks just naturally are of such a mood that no ticket to madness is needed; they've already arrived.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:34 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I really cannot figure what the Democrats thought that they would accomplish when they chose Kerry to be on the ballot!

That's easy; compared to Dean, he seemed electable - and came with financing already pre-approved. Now that the real impact of the interest rate has sunk in, he no longer looks like such a good deal.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:37 am
I'm not even seeing the fat lady until after the first debate and I don't think she'll be singing until election day.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:20 am
A Lone Voice wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

I share Dyslexia's assessment of Kerry's positions. However he is a shrewd and expereienced politician who has been in tough campaigns before.

When Kerry pulls it out in November I may tell you that I hate to say 'I told you so'. If I do, don't believe it for a second.

Far from it.

Yeah...and this is the same kind of conservative reasoning that was shot to hell when Bill Clinton won the first time...and shot even deeper into hell when he won a second term.

Quote:
As much as the Left hates Bush, this same hate blinds them to the qualities that make Bush a strong leader in the eyes of most of mainstream America.

Gimme a break. Bush is not even a leader...let alone a strong one. And my guess is that "mainstream America" knows this.

This administration is the most pathetic I've ever lived through...and my guess is that most people who don't like Kerry will eventually sit it out rather than vote to give these miscreants four more years to further screw up our country and the world. (I certainly hope that, Phoenix!!! :wink: )

Quote:
I expect that most of you who this addressed to will respond with more hatred and further degeneration of Bush.

"Degeneration" of Bush!!!!!

No wonder you think he is not a moron.

Quote:

I get it!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:25 am
BBB
Bookmark
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:34 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
A Lone Voice wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Far from it.

Yeah...and this is the same kind of conservative reasoning that was shot to hell when Bill Clinton won the first time...and shot even deeper into hell when he won a second term.

Quote:
As much as the Left hates Bush, this same hate blinds them to the qualities that make Bush a strong leader in the eyes of most of mainstream America.

Gimme a break. Bush is not even a leader...let alone a strong one. And my guess is that "mainstream America" knows this.

This administration is the most pathetic I've ever lived through...and my guess is that most people who don't like Kerry will eventually sit it out rather than vote to give these miscreants four more years to further screw up our country and the world. (I certainly hope that, Phoenix!!! :wink: )

Quote:

Quote:

I get it!

Good job. Why don't they have a emoticon with a thumbs up signal?
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:26 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

I get it!

Hey, thanks for pointing out the error, Frank. I meant degradation, but with it being late and me being in a hurry and all.... But, no excuse.

However, if you would like to play the proofreading & slamming game, I'd be happy to participate. I guess we will spend some time going over each other's post and ridicule the other? Should I go back now to some of your past posts and find some? I've actually noticed a few in some of your previous posts, so if you want to play, give the word. Smile

And thank you! Your response couldn't have proven my point any better then if I had obtained a second account name and written it myself!

Spew hate, ignore the issues, shout the party line, and avoid any pretense of having an open mind.

Gosh, remember all those Repubs marching in New York and San Francisco when Clinton ordered the US military in Serbia? Remember all the Repub newspaper reporters and columnists who did everything in their power to undermine Clinton, and thus let the rest of the world know that he doesn't have support?

Oh yeah, that didn't happen.

Yes, hatred is a bad thing. You should see someone for it.....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 06:21 pm
Careful with the sticks, kids ... keep those pokes inside the argument zone, OK?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:48 am
A Lone Voice wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

I get it!

Hey, thanks for pointing out the error, Frank. I meant degradation, but with it being late and me being in a hurry and all.... But, no excuse.

However, if you would like to play the proofreading & slamming game, I'd be happy to participate. I guess we will spend some time going over each other's post and ridicule the other? Should I go back now to some of your past posts and find some? I've actually noticed a few in some of your previous posts, so if you want to play, give the word. Smile

This was not a typo error I pointed out, Lone Voice....this was a George Bush kind of error.

Any time you see an error from me on the magnitude of the one I pointed out here....please do bring it to my attention.

All of which is a polite way of saying: Bring it on if you want to challenge on these terms. You'll lose...big time. But it could be enjoyable.

Quote:
And thank you! Your response couldn't have proven my point any better then if I had obtained a second account name and written it myself!

Hey...always willing to be of help. And I thank you for thanking me!!!

Quote:
Spew hate, ignore the issues, shout the party line, and avoid any pretense of having an open mind.

One, I do not spew hate; two, I never ignore the issues; three, I'm a registered Indepenent, so I cannot shout the party line; and four, I am extremely open minded.

Or perhaps you were not talking about me at all...but were merely doing a mea culpa of some sort.

Quote:
Gosh, remember all those Repubs marching in New York and San Francisco when Clinton ordered the US military in Serbia? Remember all the Repub newspaper reporters and columnists who did everything in their power to undermine Clinton, and thus let the rest of the world know that he doesn't have support?

Oh yeah, that didn't happen.

Well...if you really want to bring up Republican conduct during the Clinton years, that is your prerogative...but I goddam near choked with laughter when I read this sentence.

You are a card.

No matter what the Dems do to Bush...they will never, never, never even come close to the kind of bullshyt thrown at Clinton during his time in office.
0 Replies