Newbie private messages

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 10:50 am
The newbie framemynameuk - who has posted only once, in July - sent me a pm saying hi. This is a sales person per the profile and I take the pm as spam, which I certainly don't like. Am I the only one who got a pm? If I am, I'll get over it, but if others are getting pm'd by him or her, I'll report it. I suppose there is a 0.1% possibility the person really likes my posts.

I'm testy about it since there has been in my experience a limit to one's accumulation of pms over time; I hate having favorite people being erased because of accumulation by people I don't want to hear from. I learned eventually to save some precious pms on my own file pages.

I don't mean this so much as an expose, as an alert if it has happened to others, to all report.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 967 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 01:05 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Oss I wonder if you'd mind providing a link
...cause bit harder to tell these days
mark noble

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 05:02 am
@ossobucotemp,
All I see here, is spam, osso.
Internet is a shop-window, like every other, current, mode of delivery.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 07:06 am
@dalehileman,
No, I won't provide a link to my PM. Besides, I already said what the message was. This is all moot now since it's apparent I'm the only one who got a PM from this dink. I just wondered if there was a rash of them.

You may not know this, but PMs have an expiration time; the site will only support x amount total on anyone's PM listings, and a friend's PMs being "disappeared" can be very disappointing. The cure, naturally, is to copy the pms that matter to you onto your own computer's pages.
The point is that stupid pm's from jerks are an interference.
0 Replies