PREGNANT women shouldn't drink alcohol

Badboy

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:10 am
A study concludes that there is no level of safe drinking for pregnant mothers.

A child's liver is not fully developed to absord alcohol.

THEREFORE PREGNANT MOTHERS SHOULDN'T DRINK!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,870 • Replies: 9
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:34 am
Isn't that sort of a big 'duh'?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:35 am
I say, if we catch with a cocktail in hand, we shoot 'em . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:39 am
Yes, do it for the children.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:52 am
My local barmaid is pregnant. (not guilty btw) She has a habit of explaining all intimate details of the pregnancy to anyone who wants to know, and a lot who dont, by serving beer and talking to her mates on the phone at the same time. She has had a scan (blurred picture framed behind bar) and knows its a girl.

What you going to call her I asked. Long pause for inhalation and exhalation of cigarette smoke. "Chloe" she said, taking a drink.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 05:04 am
Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground . . .
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:33 am
Obviously it is well known by the majority of reasonable individuals that alcohol is not good for a fetus. This is the first that I have heard No alcohol should be had - I was always told to avoid alcohol, but if you had one drink say at a special event, there would be no harm to the fetus. By the way, I confess that on my anniversary I had a glass of wine. I did have to thoroughly explain to the waiter the situation so I wasn't given a lecture or the evil eye.

It would be helpful, Badboy to include the link to this study. One cannot make judgement without first reading the study to see if it is reliable.
0 Replies

revo39564

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:27 pm
Another Jack Daniel's please... I am drinkin' for 2
I have also read that there is no safe level of alcohol intake for those who are pregnant. Studies cannot show how much intake contributes to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. I would wager those who drink one drink now and then will not have a FAS baby. OTOH, there is a something called FAE, Fetal alcohol effects, that I think a mother can pass on to her child with occasional drinking. THe FAE may be subtle as a learning disability or ADHD.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:27 pm
hold the phone!

i vaguely recall hearing something about how its bad to drink and drive.
anyone else here about this? i know, i know. its like a total reversal from common sense....

so, people, PLEASE do not drink and drive.
0 Replies

revo39564

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:30 pm
its bad to drink and drive
I also have read that "its bad to drink and drive" This study was done before automobile manufacturers started routinely putting in cupholders. Since then I believe there has been no study on drinking and driving with cars equiped with drink holders. I mean if your drinking something and it pours into your lap that is highly distracting..... : )

Another public service announcement from the:

International Drivers In Otherwise Tough Situations foundation
0 Replies