What's too pushy or nagging?

whisper

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:46 pm
If someone expresses an interest in you, and you go on a date and it goes well.. and after the date they express an interest in going out again.. that's good, right?

But what if they suddenly stop talking to you as much (still call you, still initiate conversation)

He'll IM me and say hey, but half way through the convo just stops talking to me, and doesn't reply to much of anything. This will go on a for a few days and then he'll call me and be flirty or what not, and then it repeats.

Is it okay to call him on this? Ask something like, "Hey, is everything okay? I just noticed you don't seem as interested as you were before, I don't know if that's intentional or not, but I don't want to waste my time liking someone who doesn't like me."

Or should I just back off silently?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 919 • Replies: 17
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:48 pm
I would start making seagull noises.
0 Replies

whisper

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:53 pm
o_O

and that is supposed to .... ?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:57 pm
You know what? I hate phone conversations, so have developed a pattern of getting off within 5 minutes of getting on. I just say I have tons to do, which is always true. Confused Maybe he's like me... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:58 pm
It solidifies the relationship and opens things up.

Try it. I'm sure he'll start talking more.
0 Replies

whisper

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:01 pm
princesspupule wrote:
You know what? I hate phone conversations, so have developed a pattern of getting off within 5 minutes of getting on. I just say I have tons to do, which is always true. Confused Maybe he's like me... Twisted Evil

no, i meant we'll talk online and he'll ignore me, but then a few days later call me up and be friendly. and sometimes he's friendly/flirty online ... but not others.

mixed signals, you could call it.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:05 pm
Are you going to try the seagull trick, whisper?

Or is my advice falling on deaf ears?
0 Replies

whisper

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:07 pm
can i do the seagull trick online?
or does it have to be vocal?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:07 pm
Just to show you that I'm serious, I'll post this....

http://www.spiralandcircle.com/jeero.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:09 pm
And, yes, you can do the seagull trick online. Just hit the "s' key thirteen times, while holding down the "f8" key.

It sounds just like a friggin' seagull/
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:13 pm
whisper wrote:
princesspupule wrote:

no, i meant we'll talk online and he'll ignore me, but then a few days later call me up and be friendly. and sometimes he's friendly/flirty online ... but not others.

mixed signals, you could call it.

So is he asking you out? If not, why bother w/it?
0 Replies

whisper

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:31 pm
we've been on a date.
and he said that he'd like to go on another one again at some point.

*shrug*
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:40 pm
either you or he is a dunderhead, If he don't dump you first I would dump him in a new york minute, or you could take Gus's advice about the seaguls. You could name them Mortimer and Heathclif. My parrots name is Fred. He seems to like it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:41 pm
Re: What's too pushy or nagging?
whisper wrote:
Is it okay to call him on this? Ask something like, "Hey, is everything okay? I just noticed you don't seem as interested as you were before, I don't know if that's intentional or not, but I don't want to waste my time liking someone who doesn't like me."

Go for it!

He may run screaming, but it sounds like you have the good sense to realize that if he runs screaming, you'll look for someone else.
0 Replies

whisper

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
either you or he is a dunderhead, If he don't dump you first I would dump him in a new york minute, or you could take Gus's advice about the seaguls. You could name them Mortimer and Heathclif. My parrots name is Fred. He seems to like it.

lol. him and i aren't together. he's simply an interest.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:07 am
I'd lay it on the line with him. Tell him what's on your mind and move on if he's not interested. If he's not interested, then you're just wasting your time waiting around for him, when there could be this awesome guy out there just waiting for you ;-)

Good luck.

Gus
LOL. Every day I look forward to you making me laugh atleast once :-D
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 05:00 am
He is clearly hedging his bets, dating-wise. He probably has other 'interests' besides you. Confront him if you want, see what happens, but keep in mind, he is probably a player. If all fails, try the seagull trick.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:27 pm
Sounds like he's in IM with other people (not necessarily other women) while he's IM'ing with you. Since he's unable to do that through the phone, the phone calls come off as him being more attentive.

Get in touch with him and ask him flat out if he'd like to go out with you. If he says yes, fine. If he doesn't, fine, but at least you know and don't have to continue speculating.
0 Replies