My husband man- child

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 09:03 am
I've been with my husband since we were 15. I realize that's not a heathy thing. We have children and I've always worked even when we were teenagers. I am responsible for everything in our lives. We've been through quite a bit the past two years almost causing divorce, but we've decided to try and make it work. However, we're still back to our old ways. He takes no responsibility and I shoulder it all. I'm so tired of it. He doesn't work now. There are many things i love about him, but I'm not happy. How do you have the conversation that says I'm still not happy and this isn't working?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 769 • Replies: 1
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 09:42 am
@CocoNikita,
Have you tried marriage counseling?

It seems to me that having a conversation that says "I am still not happy and this isn't working" is pretty easy. The challenging part is turning that into something productive that can address the issues and provide a way forward.

Marriage counseling might be able to focus the discussion on how you can work together as a couple.

0 Replies