Gift for stressed out friend

mkd0514

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:23 pm
I've got a friend who is currently in a nanny position that will be ending in 2 weeks. The past month has been nothing but her worrying about finding a new job and having to deal with job hunting and interviews. She's a giant ball of stress. To top it off, today she was in a fender bender, no one was hurt but it's just added that much more stress to her life.

I want to do something nice for her and get some sort of gift for her. When I look up gifts for stressed friends all I get are ideas revolving around "spa" and "relaxation" kinds of gifts. She's not going to appreciate a bath bomb or any kind of spa package I could put together. It's just not her thing. Also, I need something that I can pick up in town and not have to order online. I can think of plenty of things to order her but I'm at a loss as to what to grab her in town.

Really any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 1,791 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:31 pm
@mkd0514,
Take her somewhere. If she's in a nanny position then she needs to pack and move. Giving her something means you're giving her yet another thing she has to pack.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:37 pm
@mkd0514,
Assuming you are in a northern hemisphere region, why not treat her to an ice cream cone?
0 Replies

ascribbler

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:43 am
@mkd0514,
Quote:
Gift for stressed out friend

The greatest gift to give to a friend is to be there fora.

Lunch, dinner , coffee, chat.
0 Replies