The Quotable Reich

RABEL222

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 11:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Lie, lie, lie. Its all you know how to do. You dont think everyone on this site knows you lie?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 11:19 am
@RABEL222,
I'm guessing you didn't read the BLOOMBERG article? Figures. Keep up the good work of being pointless.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 10:18 am
Robert Reich
51 mins ·
I had breakfast recently with a friend who's a former Republican member of Congress. Here's what he said:
Him: Trump is no Republican. He’s just a big fat ego.
Me: Then why didn’t you speak out against him during the campaign?
Him: You kidding? I was surrounded by Trump voters. I’d have been shot.
Me: So what now? What are your former Republican colleagues going to do?
Him (smirking): They’ll play along for a while.
Me: A while?
Him: They’ll get as much as they want – tax cuts galore, deregulation, military buildup, slash all those poverty programs, and then get to work on Social Security and Medicare – and blame him. And he’s such a fool he’ll want to take credit for everything.
Me: And then what?
Him (laughing): They like Pence.
Me: What do you mean?
Him: Pence is their guy. They all think Trump is out of his mind.
Me: So what?
Him: So the moment Trump does something really dumb – steps over the line – violates the law in a big stupid clumsy way … and you know he will ...
Me: They impeach him?
Him: You bet. They pull the trigger.
Blickers

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 10:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
How else does a man who never has held a real job in his life afford a 3rd house? Did he get the money from his wise investments in the stock market?

He's had jobs. Just because you think anybody holding public office doesn't have a "real job" doesn't mean they don't get paid. His wife works as well.

I've known people who work in factories who had homes on a lake.
revelette1

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:48 am
@edgarblythe,
Wouldn't surprise me.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 11:32 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
He's had jobs. Just because you think anybody holding public office doesn't have a "real job" doesn't mean they don't get paid. His wife works as well.

What jobs? Two-bit "director, publisher and author"? From there he was mayor of a small town and it was off to Congress to serve in both houses. His wife seems to have spent a bunch of time working the public sector as well. There is also the fact that she basically bankrupted the college she worked for, Burlington College.

So how do 2 people who have basically worked for the public over the last 30 years afford a lake house?

Quote:
I've known people who work in factories who had homes on a lake.

Those are real jobs, with real pay, not public jobs being paid for by the taxpayers. Admit it, Bernie has never had a real job.
Blickers

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:22 pm
@Baldimo,
I can assure you, Bernie got paid more than the people in the factory I worked at. Since 1991, Representatives and Senators have been paid over 100,000 yearly, and the present salary is $174,000 a year for both.

Did you really think people who work in factories got paid more than Congressmen and Senators? I know people who had summer homes on a lake who worked in factories. It was a few decades ago. And by the way, public service is a real job.

If you think public service is such a soft ride, why don't you run for office?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 11:03 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
I can assure you, Bernie got paid more than the people in the factory I worked at. Since 1991, Representatives and Senators have been paid over 100,000 yearly, and the present salary is $174,000 a year for both.

It's obvious that Congress makes more money than a factory worker, but the question remains how someone like Bernie, who has professed to be for the little guy is wealthy enough to afford 3 houses. Does he invest his money in the stock market? Does his wife invest her money? I find it interesting that someone who thinks like Bernie does goes out and buys a third house and yet campaigns against people who own multiple houses.

Quote:
Did you really think people who work in factories got paid more than Congressmen and Senators? I know people who had summer homes on a lake who worked in factories. It was a few decades ago. And by the way, public service is a real job.

Sorry to say, but if you spend your life in public service, it isn't a real job. They are part of the political elite who have no real life experience or any real clue what it takes to run a business, yet they want to tell everyone how it should be done and how it should work. They live in a bubble of theory with no real understanding of the system. It's why he can stand up and say such stupid things about capitalism, while going out and buying a 3rd house, which happens to be on a lake. He never earned any decent money that didn't come from the pockets of the tax payer. People who are politicians for life are leaches on society.

Quote:
If you think public service is such a soft ride, why don't you run for office?

I've already done my public service, I served in the Army for 6 years and spent time in Pakistan and Afghanistan, what have you done?

I don't think the actual public service it's self would be that difficult, it's the campaigning that is the battle field and it's one I don't wish to subject my family to.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 03:06 pm
Robert Reich
6 mins ·
Some of Trump’s lies are more dangerous than others. Today, White House press secretary Sean Spicer reiterated that Trump believes millions of undocumented immigrants voted in the presidential election. Trump has “stated his concern of voter fraud and people voting illegally during the campaign and continues to maintain that belief based on studies and evidence people have brought to him." Pressed for evidence, Spicer said Trump’s view is “based on studies and information he has."
But there are no such studies or evidence.
Trump repeated the same allegation of massive voter fraud yesterday at a meeting with Congressional leaders.
This particular lie is especially dangerous because it plants in the public’s mind a concern about voter fraud, which he and Republicans will use to legitimize more draconian voter ID requirements, more demands that foreign-born citizens prove their citizenship before voting, and more procedural limits on voting – all designed to suppress the votes of likely Democratic voters in 2018 and beyond.
The media must fight back, demanding evidence. Democratic leaders who happen to be in Trump’s presence when he makes this claim must dispute them. We all have an obligation to spread the truth.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 03:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
When you don't have to provide proof of Citizenship to register to vote, and you don't require ID to vote, you create a system that is ripe for fraud. It would be interesting to see the results of an investigation into places like CA where they protect illegal immigrants from federal laws.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 03:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Until proven otherwise, Reich can shake his head and wring his hands all day long.

Voter ID will happen someday, and the sooner, the better. I think Reich and his ilk know that in their heart of hearts that Trump is correct and the thought of having to actually show and ID to vote would decrease the Democrat vote by such large margins that all they can do is laugh it away by writing these silly articles and blog posts...
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 03:35 pm
@McGentrix,
No. FactCheck already found Trump's claim of voter fraud to have no evidence.
Are you just parroting Trump, or do you have irrefutaable evidence?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 03:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
No. FactCheck already found Trump's claim of voter fraud to have no evidence.

FactCheck was able to verify that every person who voted in CA was a citizen and legally registered to vote? They did this?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:01 pm
@McGentrix,
As long as we have certain people in charge (Republicans) voter suppression will continue to grow. It is eventually going to take a real uprising of the people to restore the right to vote for every eligible citizen. Real voter fraud lies in this form of suppression and I strongly suspect our voting machines are not accurate. I would have to see hard evidence of illegals voting, since the Spanish have in general been reluctant to vote in large numbers already.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
As long as we have certain people in charge (Republicans) voter suppression will continue to grow. It is eventually going to take a real uprising of the people to restore the right to vote for every eligible citizen. Real voter fraud lies in this form of suppression and I strongly suspect our voting machines are not accurate. I would have to see hard evidence of illegals voting, since the Spanish have in general been reluctant to vote in large numbers already.

Since everyone seems to like polls, have you seen the approval voter ID laws have across the country?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/194741/four-five-americans-support-voter-laws-early-voting.aspx
So it would seem that 80% of US citizens support Voter ID laws. Why is the left so out of touch with the American People?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:27 pm
@Baldimo,
I don't look at polls much, because voters are mercurial, shifting like bugs swept by a broom.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

Since everyone seems to like polls, have you seen the approval voter ID laws have across the country?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/194741/four-five-americans-support-voter-laws-early-voting.aspx
So it would seem that 80% of US citizens support Voter ID laws. Why is the left so out of touch with the American People?

A higher percentage support closing the gun show loophole. Why is the right so out of touch with the American People?

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/187511/american-public-opinion-guns.aspx
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:45 pm
@maporsche,
Why are you changing the subject? Apples and oranges.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:53 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Why are you changing the subject? Apples and oranges.

That's his thing.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:54 pm
@McGentrix,
What do you know about his thing?