Kerry Calls Bush Poll Lead 'Wrong Bounce at Wrong Time'

Brand X

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 10:03 am
georgeob1 wrote:
OK, You got me. Odd though that it did sound like things Kerry has said.

Whenever you see articles from Scrappleface or The Onion...it's just for fun. :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 10:07 am
Re: Kerry Calls Bush Poll Lead 'Wrong Bounce at Wrong Time'
georgeob1 wrote:
Brand X wrote:
(2004-09-13) --
Mr. Kerry, a Vietnam veteran and distinguished anti-war protestor who is also a U.S. Senator, said the "polls don't mean anything to me right now."

"A couple of months ago when I was leading Mr. Bush, the polls were clearly an accurate barometer of public sentiment," he said. "But now they're wrong, wrong, wrong."

I can't vouch for the accuracy of these quotes, but they do reveal the odd misture of deceit and arrogance that characterizes much of what Kerry has said and done in his political career (including the segment of his political career spent collecting band-aids & Purple Hearts in the Navy).

The recent polls did mean enough for Kerry to institute a major reorganization of his campaign staff, so his statement that they "didn't mean anything" was clearly a lie.

The second statement suggests his belief that either the polls are inaccurate or that the popular sentiments they meassured were themselves "wrong, wrong, wrong". In either case this aptly demonstrates the self-righteous and narcissistic arrogance of this rather strange individual.

He most certainly is 'Unfit for Command'.

But George Bush is a moron...and the people pulling his strings are among the most dangerous human beings ever to threaten this country; its institutions; and its values.

So if you think about it carefully, perhap you could see that "self-righteous, narcissistic arrogance"...

...is a hell of a lot better than stupid and dangerous.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:04 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

But George Bush is a moron...and the people pulling his strings are among the most dangerous human beings ever to threaten this country; its institutions; and its values.

So if you think about it carefully, perhap you could see that "self-righteous, narcissistic arrogance"...

I don't agree.

Bush is not a moron, and you know that.
We have different views of the wisdom (or lack of it) among his deputies and advisors. I believe they are fairly smart: you think they are "damgerous". We each have a right to our opinions. History will tell us who is right.

Even so, I believe that narcissistic, self-righteous arrogance is a good deal worse than a lack of anbalytical skill or eloquence. The latter can readily be corrected by good advice and technique. Character defects, such as those displayed by Kerry, have no remedy when they are found in leaders. History provides us ample demonstrations of this.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:32 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

I don't agree.

Bush is not a moron, and you know that.
We have different views of the wisdom (or lack of it) among his deputies and advisors. I believe they are fairly smart: you think they are "damgerous". We each have a right to our opinions. History will tell us who is right.

Even so, I believe that narcissistic, self-righteous arrogance is a good deal worse than a lack of anbalytical skill or eloquence. The latter can readily be corrected by good advice and technique. Character defects, such as those displayed by Kerry, have no remedy when they are found in leaders. History provides us ample demonstrations of this.

One...you are incorrect. Bush IS a moron...or so damn close to it that "stupid" really doesn't convey the reality.

The problem is more than not being able to speak eloquently. He is simple minded.

And the people pulling his strings ARE VERY, VERY DANGEROUS PEOPLE.

I doubt you will ever get out from whatever mindset is preventing you from seeing this...so...

OBSERVATION: It is pitiful that American conservatives cannot see George Bush for the incompetent he is...and his advisors for the dangerous people they are.

But there have always been a segment of every population willing to stand and shout "Long live the king" and who will do their level best to further the interests of the king and his barons...no matter that those interests often conflict significantly with the insterests of themselves and their fellow common folk.

Makes no sense to hate these poor boobs. Best to simply pity them...and to do everything humanly possible to counteract their particular form of social terrorism.
0 Replies