Kerry Calls Bush Poll Lead 'Wrong Bounce at Wrong Time'

Brand X

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:35 pm
(2004-09-13) -- Democrat presidential candidate John Forbes Kerry today said the lead that President George Bush has taken in the polls since the Republican Convention is "the wrong bounce at the wrong time and it's wrong for America."

"The W in George W. Bush still stands for wrong," said Mr. Kerry, renewing his latest campaign slogan. "It's wrong to mislead Americans into choosing you in presidential preference polls. It's wrong to let ideology, character and so-called 'principles' blind you to the subtlety and nuance of modern statesmanship. It's wrong to dominate your adversary in a way that makes him feel bad about himself and his future."

Mr. Kerry, a Vietnam veteran and distinguished anti-war protestor who is also a U.S. Senator, said the "polls don't mean anything to me right now."

"A couple of months ago when I was leading Mr. Bush, the polls were clearly an accurate barometer of public sentiment," he said. "But now they're wrong, wrong, wrong."

The Democrat candidate said he if he were conducting the polling research, "I wouldn't have just done some things differently, I would have done almost everything differently. As a consequence, we wouldn't have had some of America's finest men bogged down in this unwinnable conflict--dare I say, this quagmire."

President Bush, asked to respond to Mr. Kerry's latest attacks said, "The W stands for 'whatever'. That's my response. Next question."

by Scott Ott

Scrappleface
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,886 • Replies: 23
No top replies

padmasambava

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:58 pm
The polls don't mean much to me either. The country is obviously as polarized as it was in the last election.

And people will be coming out on both sides who didn't last round.

That's what make horse races. Wishes don't make winners. And you have to account for the changing weather. Polls can be skewed, whole syndicates of telivision and radio stations can be bought up by large monopolies speaking in one voice.

Think for yourself.

Or someone from Mr. Bush's camp will think for you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:04 pm
Bush is a moron...the men around him are more dangerous than any terrorists anywhere.

The best thing that could happen to this country...and the world in general is for Bush and company to be out of power.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:21 pm
Starting to sound like a Broken record Frank. I wonder how many times you've called Bush a moron...
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:36 am
McGen, Frank and I had some spirited debate on abuzz that, on occassion, revolved around the 'moron' tag. Frank seems like a pretty bright guy to me so I really don't understand why he so quickly goes to that label. And to say Bush is more dangerous than the terrorists.....frank is better than that.

He uses Bush's speaking style (or lack thereof) to support his moron debate. I can understand that, I suppose.

What is often overlooked is that Bush had a more distinguished academic career than either Kerry or Al Gore.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:27 am
""A couple of months ago when I was leading Mr. Bush, the polls were clearly an accurate barometer of public sentiment," he said. "But now they're wrong, wrong, wrong."

Huh????
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:46 pm
Who ever said that polls were accurate, ever?

Not I.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:47 pm
I don't recall Woiyo was in any polls.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:32 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Starting to sound like a Broken record Frank. I wonder how many times you've called Bush a moron...

Well, McG...he's been a moron for a long time...and most of you conservative types don't seem to realize just how much a moron he is...so I think it is worth repeating.

Although if the truth be told...I been called on this matter more than once...so I guess an apology is in order.

To the morons of the world...I apologize. George ADumbyaOL Bush is not in your league at all.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:39 pm
neue regel wrote:
McGen, Frank and I had some spirited debate on abuzz that, on occassion, revolved around the 'moron' tag. Frank seems like a pretty bright guy to me so I really don't understand why he so quickly goes to that label. And to say Bush is more dangerous than the terrorists.....frank is better than that.

Well, Neue, if you read my post, I did not say that Bush is more dangerous than terrorists...I said the men around him....those guys who pull the strings of this moron...are more dangerous than terrorists.

Frankly, I think they are MUCH, MUCH more dangerous than the terrorists...who, after all, have a very limited ability to cause havoc and destabilization in this world.

The United States is the 5000 lb. gorilla in the living room...and CAN cause all sorts of trouble, havoc, and destabilizations throughout the world.

And with the miscreants now pulling Bush's strings in control of what the United States is doing...

...YES THEY ARE MUCH MUCH MORE dangerous than the terrorists.

Not sure why you cannot see that...but it is so.

Quote:
He uses Bush's speaking style (or lack thereof) to support his moron debate. I can understand that, I suppose.

What is often overlooked is that Bush had a more distinguished academic career than either Kerry or Al Gore.

Supposedly.

But we are now pretty sure that Bush cheated on his National Guard commitment...and I would not be surprised to find that he cheated his way through college.

He is a moron, you see. And it is very difficult for me to accept that he was not a moron while in school.

Not trying to be nasty here, Neue...just saying what I consider the truth.

I love this country...and this world...to much to want to see these disgusting people screw it up any more than they already have.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:27 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Try to get past whatever ideology is preventing you from seeing this truth.

Good advice, but maybe everyone should try to follow it sometimes.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:19 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Try to get past whatever ideology is preventing you from seeing this truth.

Good advice, but maybe everyone should try to follow it sometimes.

Damn...if I didn't know better, I would think your remark is suggesting that I get past some ideology that is preventing me from seeing this truth.

I am not an ideologue....nor even remotely close to one. (Using "ideology" and "ideologue" the way it would be used generally in the media...and in discussions of this kind.)

I am not a liberal...nor even a Democrat.

I am a registered Independent...and I am as put off by knee-jerk left wingers as much as you.

I am saying that I have listened to (and watched) George W. Bush in action...and I am embarressed that he represents our country to the rest of the world. He conducts himself like a not especially bright high schooler. His lack of knowledge...and inability to use and articulate what little he apparently has...shocks me.

Two of his most important allies...Dick Cheney and John Ashcroft...scare the living shyt out of me.

I honestly have trouble understanding how you people can defend him...or how ANY American can be enthusiastic about the notion of a second term for him.

I think the second Bush administration will go down in history as the worst thing ever to happen to our country.

This is what I am sharing with you, McG...and I feel every bit as strongly about it as I suggest in how I say what I have to say.
0 Replies

Mustang

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:32 pm
It's been quite a while since I checked into A2K. I see I haven't missed much. Just a re-hash of the old Abuzz, except the language is a little bit cleaner! Sad
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:46 pm
Sorry, no comparison.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:07 pm
You just been lookin' in the wrong places, Mustang ... ya gotta get ouytmore and poke around some, see some of the other neighborhoods here ... there's about 60 of 'em, with all sortsa different folk, and the community garbage disposal system seems to work pretty much OK.

BTW ... did you ever get rid of Broadjump/Connection Mgr?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:33 am
Pad says- "Who ever said that polls were accurate, ever? "

Well, John Kerry said they were accurate when HE was leading, but not accurate when Bush was leading.

Please reconcile that statement if you can.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:48 am
Hey, this article is satire, cool out.... :wink:
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 09:36 am
Re: Kerry Calls Bush Poll Lead 'Wrong Bounce at Wrong Time'
Brand X wrote:
(2004-09-13) --
Mr. Kerry, a Vietnam veteran and distinguished anti-war protestor who is also a U.S. Senator, said the "polls don't mean anything to me right now."

"A couple of months ago when I was leading Mr. Bush, the polls were clearly an accurate barometer of public sentiment," he said. "But now they're wrong, wrong, wrong."

I can't vouch for the accuracy of these quotes, but they do reveal the odd misture of deceit and arrogance that characterizes much of what Kerry has said and done in his political career (including the segment of his political career spent collecting band-aids & Purple Hearts in the Navy).

The recent polls did mean enough for Kerry to institute a major reorganization of his campaign staff, so his statement that they "didn't mean anything" was clearly a lie.

The second statement suggests his belief that either the polls are inaccurate or that the popular sentiments they meassured were themselves "wrong, wrong, wrong". In either case this aptly demonstrates the self-righteous and narcissistic arrogance of this rather strange individual.

He most certainly is 'Unfit for Command'.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 09:46 am
BOTH statements were from a satire piece.

It no more points something out about Kerry than a satire article points thinks out about bush...

RTFA before you post people!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 10:00 am
OK, You got me. Odd though that it did sound like things Kerry has said.
0 Replies