Red Bull

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:12 pm
I don't seem to be able to function without having a Red Bull. Problem is, it is expensive. Anyone know how to get it, or a really good knock off, CHEAP? (I've tried a few others, such as Amp, didn't seem to work as well).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,352 • Replies: 10
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:19 pm
two goody's powders with your morning coffee will do the trick....and keep you regular....
0 Replies

primergray

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:29 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
two goody's powders with your morning coffee will do the trick....and keep you regular....

Not to mention, burn a hole in your stomach! :wink: I just take 1 bc in water for migraines - it does work, but not easy to take.

~~~

I like Red bull because it really does give you a boost without making me jittery like plain caffiene + sugar. Yerba mate helps a little bit in the same way, I can even go to sleep not long after I drink some, but it just isn't enough. Which is too bad, since it is cheap.

~~~

About your handle, Bi-Polar Bear, are you truly bi-polar?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:46 am
that is an interesting question.....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:48 am
I dig RedBull, and am lucky to have access to it whenever I want...my roomate is a sales rep with a van full of it in the driveway. Surprisingly, I don't drink it as much as I thought I would be.

Anyway, I don't like any of the knock-offs either. Amp is pretty good I think. Only thing I can think of is soda with caffiene. There's nothing in Red Bull besides caffeine that's going to make much of a noticeable difference anyway. The whole image is marketing hype.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:49 am
Oh, and remember friends: Red Bull may give you wings, but it's not going to give you Red Wings. No shortcuts for those, you gotta earn them.
0 Replies

primergray

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 02:14 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that is an interesting question.....

... a very informative response...
0 Replies

primergray

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 02:17 pm
Slappy,

Does your roommate think it is all marketing hype? Why is it that Red Bull doesn't make me jittery - is it just a better than normal caffeine to sugar ratio?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 02:32 pm
I only tried Red Bull once, more than fifteen years ago.

One cup of coffee got more caffein than two Red Bull - but no sugar and not tasting like "jellybabies".
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 04:00 pm
primergray wrote:
Slappy,

Does your roommate think it is all marketing hype? Why is it that Red Bull doesn't make me jittery - is it just a better than normal caffeine to sugar ratio?

I don't really know what he thinks. I do know when he drinks Red Bull and Vodka he thinks it "f*cks him up more." It has Taurine and vitamin B12...I don't think they'll make much, if any of a difference in what you feel, but I might be wrong. You might not be jittery because you're not getting as much caffeine from it as you think you are?
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:23 am
primergray wrote:

Yerba mate helps a little bit in the same way, I can even go to sleep not long after I drink some, but it just isn't enough. Which is too bad, since it is cheap.

i spent 3 months in argentina from jan to april and i tried yerba mate for the first time, at first it tasted terrible but with a bit of sugar i got used to it and now im an avid fan of it..sadly we cant get it here in leeds so ill have to wait till i go back to arg this winter for another hit...

cheap alternatives to reb bull are pro-plus tablets and guarana tablets or drinks...

but really dude id try stopping the caffeine for a few weeks and see if this helps...
0 Replies