If he "broke up" why does he still write me?

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 12:01 pm
So, a few days ago my "ex" kind of "broke up" with me and left for vacation to the USA for a month a half. I put "ex" and "broke up" in quotation marks because I'm not entirely certain on where we stand... Before leaving, he said he needed time for himself, to figure out what he wants to do with his life, and so on. The truth is, things have been a bit rocky for us, and deep down I know we could fix things, if we just focus on ourselves for a while and reunite when we're both individually in a better place. I for one know that he's the love of my life, and definitely worth fighting for. He, on the other hand is not very expressive about his feelings, so he can be hard to read sometimes. I know that he loves me, but I doubt if deep down he wants to be with me in the long run. So I decided to give him space, and avoided writing him since he left... until a few days ago, HE wrote me to say hi, and told me that he missed me. Aside from that, we'll ocassionaly text each other.. the conversations have been very shallow, devoid of any romantic expressions... I'm pretty much avoiding talking about the relationship and let things flow. What do you guys make of the situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,189 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 12:26 pm
@thehandthatrocks,
thehandthatrocks wrote:
Before leaving, he said he needed time for himself, to figure out what he wants to do with his life, and so on

What do you guys make of the situation?

I think he was clear about where things stand.

I hope he has a fantastic vacation and that you take the time to enjoy yourself as well.

Relationships are only one component of healthy adult lives.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 12:32 pm
@thehandthatrocks,
oh ... do you think that if you're not in a relationship you can't be friends?

if so, let him know that asap
thehandthatrocks

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 01:00 pm
@ehBeth,
He was "kind" of clear... because he did leave things open for us to get back together, AND he said that we would not be communicating much during his time away, but he writes me all the time, even calls me baby... I mean I don't know about you but he seems confused to me.
thehandthatrocks

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 01:03 pm
@ehBeth,
No, I do not think that we can't be friends... but this JUST happened about 5 days ago, and he wrote me 2 days after he left.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 01:06 pm
@thehandthatrocks,
thehandthatrocks wrote:
he seems confused to me.

that's why he needs the time to think about things

__

I don't think baby etc is a big deal. Sounds like friend-talk to me. Lots of hon/honey/baby etc between friends.

Again, I'd say take the time to enjoy yourself. Turn off the phone and just get out and live.
0 Replies