What the Democrats Don't Understand

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:12 pm
Allow me to get that right (since some others here are too willing to tell you what is your crux):

For people like me, the issue is how long will business remain slow. But for a more sophisticated republican it's a matter of thumbing their noses at the educated and working classes, and flexing their power knowing that they are working for the Ghost in the Machine.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:27 pm
What The Democrats Don't Understand
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:50 pm
A Lone Voice wrote:

Anyway, I was hoping that Tread and D'artagnan would notice I was parroting what they were saying, with the Repub's favorite Dems replacing the Dem's favorite Repubs in their post? Guess I need to be clearer?

freeduck wrote:

I caught that. But you have to admit that McCauliffe doesn't enjoy the same dirty tricks reputation as Rove.

hey dudes. i had to go out to vote on a local issue. but;

alv, i get your drift. and i even Laughing

but i'm in agreement with the duck on rove's reputation. he's been the big kahuna in the bush organization going back to his gubernatorial bid.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:09 pm
You need not clarify.

Just vote for John Kerry.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:38 pm
McGen! What a thoughtful opener. Rational. Reasoned. Balanced. OK OK Stentorian...(but these folks don't know the term) Not everyone wants to be "spoken at" in a setting like this...but you are possessed of a wonderful logical mind and you are a spell-binder. Thanks from across the aisle. distinguished opposition is a blessing.
Now! Mac: Read the inchoate responses that follow your remarks and appreciate once again the author of the term: "Pearls before Swine."
We could use a guy like you in the GOP next term big Fella.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:40 pm
McGen! What a thoughtful opener. Rational. Reasoned. Balanced. OK OK Stentorian...(but these folks don't know the term) Not everyone wants to be "spoken at" in a setting like this...but you are possessed of a wonderful logical mind and you are a spell-binder. Thanks from across the aisle. distinguished opposition is a blessing.
Now! Mac: Read the inchoate responses that follow your remarks and appreciate once again the author of the term: "Pearls before Swine."
We could use a guy like you in the GOP next term big Fella.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:39 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

hey dudes. i had to go out to vote on a local issue. but;

alv, i get your drift. and i even Laughing

but i'm in agreement with the duck on rove's reputation. he's been the big kahuna in the bush organization going back to his gubernatorial bid.

Foy you and Duck; if you want a feel for what the Repubs think of McAuliffe, go to this link:

http://www.rnc.org/search/search.aspx

There you will find the 'official' Repub view of McAuliffe. And they don't come close to the 'non-official' sites where righty bloggers really call it like they see it......

What kind of issue did you have to vote on, DTOM, this close to the fall election? Out where I chill we usually only have two a year....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:46 am
A Lone Voice wrote:
What kind of issue did you have to vote on, DTOM, this close to the fall election? Out where I chill we usually only have two a year....

oh man, it's so stupid... the city hired a developer that has put in 2 or 3 really nice shopping/residential "town centers' around our county. . stores, restaurants, theaters, a small park... all in all, a pleasant experience that will benefit the city with increased pleasure and revenue. but, there are some who still think of our city the same way they did 20-30-40 years ago. i guess they don't get out much. it's just not the same bedroom community that they remember. so they are not into it. "too much traffic!, too much crime!, too much bla-bla-bla!". the main push against the thing is being funded by a national mall corporation that bought the galleria q block away, just a year ago.

it's so absolutely ludicrous. it has dominated the "local section" of the paper for most of the year.

so after much brouha, it got put up for a local vote to pass or no. at the expense of about 1.5 million. duhhhhh!

but, as of tonight it looks to pass. YAY! we get to hang around and watch turner clasic movies outside!

by the way. the new center is going to bring in about 3 or 4 thousand new jobs.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:51 am
padmasambava wrote:
You need not clarify.

Just vote for John Kerry.

yep. they just opened a dem head quarters here on monday. looked for it tonight, but didn't have the address. i'm going over to volunteer tomorrow.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 07:59 am

LOL!!

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 10:19 am
ALV, I'm still not getting it. I get that they don't like that he's putting the heat on about Bush's national guard record, but considering that they got the swiftboat crap out there first, I don't think they have much moral ground to stand on. I don't see anything where McAuliffe has done things like accuse Bush of fathering a black child out of wedlock, or accuse the RNC of bugging his office, or spread rumors about Laura Bush's drug addiction, or other such things.
0 Replies

bruhahah

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:17 am
FreeDuck wrote:
they got the swiftboat crap out there first

?? Terry McAuliffe was making the "AWOL" charge back in February (taking his cue, by the way, from Michael Moore). And several times early this year Kerry made remarks denigrating Bush's "honorable discharge" and questioning whether he could prove where he was. (This is not to mention two solid weeks of press coverage of the National Guard questions --something they scarcely accorded the Swiftees.)

As for the "crap" part --that's highly debatable. For starters, the Swiftees scored on the "Christmas in Cambodia" claim. (And it was NOT just a matter of "mistaken dates". To date NO ONE has claimed to have ordered Kerry into Cambodia, nor has a single crewmate come forward to say that they EVER accompanied Kerry on any such missions.)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:46 am
If you go to the link ALV put out, and search for McAuliffe, you'll see that what I was talking about is the so called 'operation fortunate son' which is something recent and supposedly embodies the kitty kelly/ben barnes accusations.

I'd like to see those quotes of Kerry's so please link to it, I'd really like to know what he said regarding Bush's service. As for Christmas in Cambodia, see the Debunking Swiftvets thread.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:43 pm
Ooops, sorry, Duck. Go to the link and put in: 'Mcauliffe lie', or 'McAuliffe' followed by any adjective a lib has used to describe Bush.

That should help..... Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:52 pm
I figured it out alv. Entering McAuliffe gave me quite a bit to work with.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 09:16 pm
McAuliffe is quite a piece of work.
0 Replies