reason for breakup

Thalion

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:19 pm
Hello, I'm a sophomore in highschool (male). I had been going out with a Jr. for the past two and a half months. Everything was going very well. A couple days ago she told me that she really likes being with me, but that she doesn't want us to be going out anymore. She said she still wants to see me, and said I could still call her, and that she'd probably still call me. She then asked about if I heard about any plans for the upcoming weekend. She said that she'd already checked with her parentws, and that she was definitely taking me to a baseball game next year (she'd gone with me to one while we were going out.) I do not believe that she was simply being nice; we have really become very close friends, so I didn't really understand why she broke up with me; she said she enjoyed being with me when we were going out, and she still likes me as a friend now. I don't see what changed. I will point out that we hadn't really seen each other for the past three weeks very much at all. We'd seen each other only two or three times, and even then, that was in a large group of ppl. We only act like friends when other ppl around b\c we know that it's annoying when other couples act like more than that around us. Even though we hadn't seen each other, we'd talked on the phone every day. So we were essentially just friends for the past three weeks. Could this have caused her to only like me as a friend and not as a bf anymore b\c we only really interacted as normal friends? Also, there were points during the relationship that I wanted to see her, and really wanted to see her somewhere that we wouldn't have gotten into making out, etc. It sounds strange, but I didn't want to get bogged down in stuff like that, although I did like her that way. I just liked her so much as a person that I didn't want that to mean too much. Is it possible that she feels the same way now towards me? I know how much I really do like her b\c of thinking that; she really is like my best friend. So any of this possible/what do you girls (or guys if you've had experiences like this) think? This might sound even stranger, but I can tell that I like her a lot b\c I wasn't really that sad. This might sound like I don't like her if I'm not sad, but I love talking to her so much, I do like her a lot. But I like her so that not being able to make out with her,etc. isn't that bad in my mind. I just love talking to her. But, if there was anyone that I would want to go out with, it would definitely be her. Any chance she feels this way too, but for the reasons I stated before, broke up with me over it? She told me also, refering to the breakup, "It might be subject to change." So... lol - I'm confused.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 668 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 02:41 pm
Thalion wrote:
She told me also, refering to the breakup, "It might be subject to change."

This is a little game that's being played, with your patience and your feelings. Looks to me like she really wants you to work to get her back. Perhaps I'm misreading this, but maybe she was troubled by there being less affection and not seeing each other as much? I think you did the right thing, and it's very nice and respectful of you to not want to just have the physical thing with her, but she might not be in the same place that you are, emotionally or sexually. So I'd proceed with caution.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 02:44 pm
Thalion, as a male I was always confused by that type of behaviour...and still am. Either accept her terms or move along...I guess.
0 Replies