depo provera

Taylor

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 12:11 pm
I was a huge fan of depo. I was on it for a year. I never had spotting or cramping or anything. However I was due for my next shot in sept. I found out the first week of sept. that I was pregnant. I was very sick for a month and I had pnuemonia. I was placed on several different medications and steroids for my lungs. I don't know what happened if possibly my body being so weak or the combination of mrdications possibly counteracted my shot but I am noe pregnant and this is something we definately had not planned. I f anyone has ever exoerienced this or possibly knows the medical reason why this has happened I would greartly appreciate any information on this topic. Also I am scared of the health of this pregnancy being that I had no idea and went through several x rays and many medications that are highly harmful to an unborn fetus
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 566 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 02:11 pm
Good luck. That's scary.

I've never heard of that happening. For those on depo and who get their 3 month shot on time, it is virtually impossible to get pregnant. Doesn't it mimic the act of fertilizing the egg yet there's nothing there?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:59 pm
No form of birth control is 100% effective, so don't beat yourself up. These things happen.

The x-rays and medications would alarm me, too, Taylor. (But then, I alarm easily...I had fertility problems.) Has your ob/gyn suggested an early ultrasound and/or amniocentesis later? I would want to check things out as soon as possible for my own peace of mind.

The good news is, during the first few weeks of pregnancy, the embryo is pretty well protected. It hasn't developed far enough to be affected by a lot of things that can cause major trouble later. Now that you know you're pregnant, I hope you'll take your vitamins, eat healthy and avoid risks.

Good luck! Check back in after you've talked to your doctor about these concerns, and let us know what he/she says.
0 Replies