Victim Mentality / Setting Boundaries Free Ebook

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 11:05 am
Came across this site which has a free ebook download that some may find helpful. Since many here have referred to manipulation / victimization/ control here in response to cries for help, I thought I would pass it on.

From the site: http://www.victimbehavior.com/

Victim based behavior stems from an unconscious lack of self worth.

Victim based behavior comes from your sense of self worth, or a damaged sense of self worth.

Why would someone adopt such a stance?

Being a victim is a way to control someone... if that someone is connected to you in an unhealthy way, you can guilt them if they are susceptible to guilting. You control them by playing the victim role.

If no one near or dear to you is willing to be affected by your playing this role, you will not be able to get anything out of playing the victim.

And you do get a something out of it, you get a payoff-

You get to be 'righteous', you are 'one up'.

Sometimes people think taking responsibility is the same as
taking blame. Taking Responsibility is not about blame at all.

Virtually everyone who is locked into a pattern of victim
behavior do not see anything wrong with it, they also do
not see that they are messing their lives up to manipulate
loved ones into sympathy rather than a healthy
relationship.

The victim behavior pattern is a direct result of non functioning personal boundaries, broken non existent or boundaries with 'holes' in them.

I have no connection to this site and do not recommend or endorse any of their products. I am simply passing this on.

The free ebook can be downloaded here: http://www.victimbehavior.com/boundaries/freeebook/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,163 • Replies: 0
No top replies