So let me get this straight

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 05:43 am
So let me get this straight

John Kerry, who served in Vietnam and legitimately was awarded Purple Hearts, has tea partiers wear purple heart band aids in a mocking tribute to his service and war wounds.

Tammy Duckworth, who lost both legs in Iraq and was awarded the Purple Heart, gets accused by her republican opponent of using her war wound disability as sympathy to garner votes.

Donald Trump, who was a child of priviledge and skirted military service altogether, gets given a Purple Heart which he has no ******* business whatsoever accepting, gets ohhs and ahhs from his supporters.

How do things get that freaking backwards?

woiyo

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 06:16 am
@bobsal u1553115,
So a Veteran gives trump his purple heart and you have a problem with that?

Where are the service records of Hillary or Bill Clinton? Did they too skirt military service?

What is your point here?
Brand X

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 06:30 am
@woiyo,
Trump has no respect for McCain who was a prisoner of war. So what makes you think he has one ounce of respect for the recipient of a Purple Heart?

First of all....Trump is so dumb that you'd have to go all the way back and teach him what colors are, then what purple means, then what a heart is, then what symbolism is. Then you have to explain him why no one wants to receive a Purple Heart.

The only thing that means anything to him is what he thinks makes him look good.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 07:12 am
@woiyo,
And neither Hilary or Bill presumed they deserve military decorations, either. As a vet I am disgusted with tRump.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 07:15 am
@woiyo,
Woiyo,

If a veteran wanted to give you his purple heart for a political position you had... would you accept it?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 07:23 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Re: woiyo (Post 6240833)
Woiyo,

If a veteran wanted to give you his purple heart for a political position you had... would you accept it?

More importantly: would he wear it, wave it around, brag about?
woiyo

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 10:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump did neither and I have my own, thank you.

Again, what is the point of this?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 10:47 am
@woiyo,
That's the problem; you don't understand the point.

Donald Trump and none in his family members served in the military. Most of us did, and we understand the meaning of what a purple heart represents.

I think Donald got five deferments. That's the point.
woiyo

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 01:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Foolish response. Do you blame the Vet who gave him the PH? Do you actually know if Trump kept it? Do you criticize Clinton for not serving and getting as many deferments possible?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 01:22 pm
@woiyo,
Foolish response to you. I'm only expressing my own opinion. If you don't like it, just say why. Any vet is free to give any medal they've earned to anyone. I just see the gift to Trump to be a waste to a guy who never served, and doesn't have the full understanding of what that medal means.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 02:45 pm
@woiyo,
Thank you for your service.

But you are only half right - because the Donald most certainly DID flaunt it and also made a tasteless joke about it.

He trivialized the meaning of the decoration regardless of the intent of the donor. What in Donald tRump's pea picking life has ever earned him a the right of a military decoration of any sort - not even the one they give everybody - that "geedunk" medal - the National Defense ribbon.

That's the point.

I'll put you down as one "for". At least you earned it.
Real Music

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 12:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Donald most certainly DID flaunt it and also made a tasteless joke about it. He trivialized the meaning of the decoration regardless of the intent of the donor.

I agree. The point that you are making here, is the REAL ISSUE.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 12:20 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
neither Hilary or Bill presumed they deserve military decorations, either. As a vet I am disgusted with tRump.

Excellent point.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 12:23 am
@Brand X,
Quote:
Trump has no respect for McCain who was a prisoner of war. So what makes you think he has one ounce of respect for the recipient of a Purple Heart?

Good point.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 07:32 am
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/13876563_10207125581357394_8614870295155511144_n.jpg?oh=b5119cbcbf17fb6591f0e541e1be369c&oe=5823E827
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 11:33 am
@edgarblythe,
Stop the drone program, today.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 12:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Holy **** did that cartoon prophetically nail it!

Hillary will win. Nothing will change.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 01:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
What has changed is that Strump is now 10 points below Hillary. That the generals will retire early if Strump becomes CIC should be enough signal to Americans that even the military are afraid of this narcissist.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 01:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Even at the height of his popularity, I never thought Trump had a chance of being elected.

Nothing will change after Hillary's election, just as nothing changed after Obama's election. We will bungle along just as we have. That's not all bad. Given the political realities, I am a fan of governmental gridlock.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 01:21 pm
@Leadfoot,
That's your opinion. Obama's rating is 54%. That's the majority. If Hillary can maintain that kind of approval rating, that'll be pretty good. Especially with the gridl0ck republicans in congress.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-approval-rating-trump-hillary-2016-8\

http://washingtonmonthly.com/2016/05/20/gop-elite-banking-on-more-gridlock/