No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:37 pm
Ah, but how could we possibly forget, timberlandko? Sad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:38 pm
I remember.

I weep for the families of the dead. I cringe for the deaths that have become political capital. I regret that many of our allies make a distinction between "American people" and "American government".
I resolve to vote in November.

I remember and I plan so, "that these honored dead shall have a new burst of freedom and that government of the people, by the people and for the people shall not perish from this earth."

May we hold our dominion.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:38 pm
I will never forget Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:45 pm
And I think of the people of NYC who have had to live through the horror & keep going.

Hello, dear Roberta, I'm thinking of you today.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:55 pm
There is no way not to remember. You look at the date and its 11 September, and you remember, instantly, all those images, the baffling, unbelievable pictures on CNN ... I was at work that day, and someone found out first and all of us gathered in the meeting room, watching TV with gaping mouths, almost nervously giggling in disbelief, this can't be real? ... Later came the stories in the newspaper, the little vignettes to memorialise those who hadn't survived, they made me cry. And Anastasia, in panic, in Slovakia, not knowing what the ef had happened, asking for updates through Abuzz. Then a minute of silence was announced and I saw, looking down from our office window to the downtown street, that people did indeed stand to the side of the street, cars stopped, a moment of shocked stillness.

No, no way to forget.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:58 pm
I will remember till the day I die.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:20 pm
It is not enough just to remember. Those who sponsored, planned, and carried out the attack must be hunted down and killed. Those who cheered the deaths and destruction must learn that terrorism will never achieve whatever goal it is they wish. The terrorists must find no sanctuary, no friend to hide them from our just anger.

We must not only remember, but prepare for new attacks upon our citizens, country and interests. This will cost us in treasure, and in the lives of those dedicated military professionals sworn to protect and defend the nation. We must be united in our dedication and commitment to eradicating forever the idea that America can be defeated by terrorist acts. We must have courage and patience and a renewed dedication to the values that have made America the shining hope for all freedom loving people. We must not only remember the past, but accept the sacrifices that we will be called upon to make to defeat this latest threat to liberty.

We did not want this war that was declared upon women and children, but we will preserver to a victorious conclusion.
0 Replies

Scorpia

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 12:15 am
As human beings we tend to remember tragedy and respond to aggression with aggression. Ony when we begin to understand the underlying factors do we begin to progress. Our reliance on the product that the terrorists provide may be a beginning point. I recall the war on drugs as an experience in history to examine. We fought this war against the cartels smuggling the unwanted paraphenialia into our county. But it's not working because now our own citizens are now creating the most devastating drugs in their bathtubs: METH.

Using the same logic, we can create the best alternatives to fossil fuels in our own backyard with alternative sources. The problem lies in our own capitalistic system. But it doesn't have to. When we learn to apply the capitalistic philosophy to progress in our own needs, we will prevail. Most likely, we will have to vote accordingly. And at this time, we don't have a solution.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:25 am
A very sad day in history :-(
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 06:49 am
Well said Asherman, well said.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 07:45 am
I am not good at tact, even in sensitive issues.

I feel a bit uncomfortable with these tributes that always end up drifting over to partisan politics.

I agree wholeheartedly that we should remember and honor the lives that were lost, and that we should never forget the shock or the tragedy.

We must also remember the tragedy that began September 12th. That while we were unified and driven at first, we are now a deeply divided nation. Whatever side we fall on, we should be very thoughful about deep wounds and divisions in our nation.

I only ask that great care be taken on both sides that remembrances of the tragedy are not used in any way as part of the political debate. Americans, and citizens of other countries alike, are still united in wanting to mourn this loss of life and prevent this type of tragedy from happening again.

I hope for a day when America will be blessed with unity, peace and security. I recognize that we are deeply divided on how to get there, but we should not forget that we have the same dreams and desires for the country we love. I think we will all agree that this will honor those who lost their lives.

That's all I can say right now.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 10:54 am
Why will I remember the dastardly deeds of the low life maggot terrorists till the day I day.

A cousin of mine was on board the U.S.S. Cole and was killed by the bastards.

A proper response is to let the bastards know that we will not tolerate attacks. Swift response against any terrorist organization or any nation that provides aid and comfort to terrorist.

Support candidates who will take clear concise action. We must remember. We must demand that our governments take clear steps to prevent terrorism.

More nations are seeing the only way is to fight and be organized to stop terrorism in its tracks.

Russia and Spain are two recently attacked States who are changing their views on stopping terrorism.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 09:38 pm
If you piss off a few, you'll piss off a multitude. If you piss off the multitude you'd best be prepared to finish the job you started and to count yourself in as cannon fodder.

The irony is how few New Yorkers echo the attitude of the war hawks. Most of them left town for the convention. The people outside from California and Oregon and Seattle were their proxy.

That Photo looks like they're having a sale on Lasers at the Harry Ross used Scientific Equipment store down on Reed Street. A Blue Light Special no less!
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 11:34 pm
Reminders abound. World Terrorism spokespeople celebrate and promise that they will do more. Only worse. Thier propaganda has our citizens pitted against each other amid irrational claims that our own elected officials have caused this and have betrayed us all. Remember God Bless America when next you see murdered infants and children because they won't be able to remember this. Remember what being a proud, patriotic, loyal, God-fearing American means.
Don't forget.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:15 am
9-12

Quote:

9-12

September 11, 2001 began like any other day for me. I got on the bus to work and had two things on my mind; what was the weather gonna be like for that Saturday, as I was going on a river clean-up with the local chapter of the Sierra Club, and what time was my alma mater's game, for I had plans to get home from the clean-up, patch into a radio feed, and maybe order a pizza and pick up a cold one.

Alas, we know the rest of the story. But, at some level, I can't help but think the terrorists actually picked up a victory.

They have managed to create a climate of fear that lingers today. The smoke had barely dissipated in New York City, the Pentagon, and a field where a few courageous passengers, among them a fellow martial artist, managed to overpower the hijakckers and force them to crash land, when Bush began what now may be a new Cold War.

It was this climate that allowed the Constitution, especially the fourth and fifth ammendments to be crippled in the name of "National Security". This climate that allowed Congress to abdicate it's power to wage a war to what has now been proven in many cases to be lies, and led to the death of 1000 men and women and perhaps added fuel to the fires of terror.

It is this climate now that has made any criticism of the government or any of its policies (especially foreign) "unpatriotic". This knows no bounds; athletes (Carlos Delgado), musicians(Dixie Chicks, Linda Rondstat), and especially actors and filmmakers(you know who).

Even I'm not totally insulated from this. While I'm fairly outspoken on-line and in private, a sign in my window I carried at the Anti-RNC Rally in New York and some bumper stickers on my car are about as public as I'll get with my dissentions. I'm in a bit of fear over what happens if I were to ever truly be found out.

But the terrorists were unable to wreck the democratic process. And this gives the citizens a choice. Allow the climate of fear to continue, and the fires of terror to be fueled, or elect people committed to seeking another path.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:50 pm
Excellent quote neo guin. Thanks for that.

What is most tacky about the context of the Shockwave piece is that that though this may be what we are responding to - many of us feel that we have been sidetracked into a meaningless occupation of an untenable piece of ground in a region where we were not wanted and are now hated.

I'm glad there were pictures of Mr. Bush interspersed with those of the rest of the disaster; because Mr. Bush is part of the disaster. And he is part of what we must recover from.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 12:13 pm
http://www.bartcop.com/freewaybl33.jpg
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:15 pm
It looks like Bush has

http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df09152004.html
0 Replies