WHY ARE LIBERALS SO MEAN TO PRESIDENT BUSH?

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 01:32 pm
Why are liberals so mean to President Bush?

I adore him! He's so handsome and dashing and accomplished, and I know that when I go to sleep at night, the country will be safe for me to wake up to the following morning.

President Bush has certainly mastered the common touch too. He knows hard work and has worked hard himself, building a fortune thanks to wise business decisions and investments, but he can saddle up to the farmer, the oil jobber, or a construction worker, and enjoy a plate of regular folks food like biscuits and gravy. He does not require the trappings of wealth like his opponant to be happy.

Much has been made of President Bush's challenges with the English language. Speaking for myself, I know many more regular guys who speak like the President than like the Oxford-strained tones of his opponant.

I saw a poll recently that asked who you would rather have a beer with, President Bush or John Kerry? Overwhelmingly, people said President Bush. I too would enjoy having a beer with him. I would enjoy preparing him a simple southern dinner of fried chicken, potato salad, and green beans, and I just bet the President would happily pick up and discard his own paper plate and plastic utensils.

Politics is just a mean game.

And so it goes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,233 • Replies: 51
No top replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 01:35 pm
i just love satire.
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 01:37 pm
Did you lift this from a Peggy Noonan puff piece? It reeks of Miss Noonan.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 01:38 pm
Liberals would never simply discard paper plates know fullwell the value of re-cycling.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:09 pm
Little pink clouds and lambsie disies
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:19 pm
Prag.
It sounds as if you are in love. Did you send him a card on Valentine's day and tell him? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:33 pm
It sounds like prag would like to putter in the kitchen for george in an adorable gingham frock
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:35 pm
Reagan was the one for horses. I never seen Bush on a horse. I heard he was afraid of horses.

It's very high up there on a saddle.

Maybe just a little pony would be okay.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:36 pm
Prag, you might want to re-check that Oxford dictionary for the correct spelling of opponent.

Then pass some of that fried chicken, would ya!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:36 pm
Or a stick horse.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 03:02 pm
Hey Dawg...

...somethings never change!
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 03:43 pm
Prag,

You would choose a homey, regular sort of guy who has trouble with his native language, to have a beer with? I might choose him to have a beer with if we were going to discuss cars, football or carpentry.

But I sure as hell would not choose a neurosurgeon, an attorney, a financial advisor, a dentist etc, on the basis of wanting to have a beer with them. I would choose them on the basis of how articulate they were in explaining their field of expertise.

Research indicates that when a person says "I know what I mean, I just don't know how to say it," they don't know what they mean. Our president frequently seems not know what he means and that scares the hell out of me.

I think I would rather have a beer with Kerry.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 03:48 pm
What goes around comes around.
0 Replies

Pragmaticone

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:08 pm
I am the first to admit I send President Bush birthday, valentine, Easter, and Christmas cards, as well as the ocassional thank you card too. I mean, what's wrong with that?

President Bush works tirelessly for the American people and for a small salary ($400,000 a year) relative to his level of responsibility. I think more Americans should show this fine, handsome man a nugget of kindness for all he's done for this country.

While you're at it, include his parents and wife too.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:28 pm
prag, will you go to the prom with me?

we can do the macarena.....
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:39 pm
I'm wondering if pragmaticone will be wearing 5 inch heals while whipping up the southern fried supper for himself and Bushco?

He sounds like a traditional, 1950's kind of fella. :wink:
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:55 pm
Having "successfully" established a precedent with the NYTimes Abuzz site ("Mission Accomplished!"), the miscreants are now implementing the same program/campaign at other sites...
the goal: smothering and drowning out their opposition.

History tends to occur in repetitious patterns.

To quote the thugs' model: "Ein Gott, ein volk, ein Reich!"
("One God, one people, one regime!")

Their ideal conformity is exemplified by the military... a rigid caste system, wherein there is NO deviation from strictly defined parameters, and where "Superiors" wield authority like a truncheon.

The antithesis of The American Dream.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:07 pm
Hmmm, a precedent at the Times Abuzz site.

You are most perceptive Master Po!

Signed Kwai Chang Caine
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:11 pm
Oh, and "Happy Nine One One!" everybody.

Light a candle for a miscreant.

Tell a new "Osama Yo Mama Joke."

Here's one off the cuff: "Yo momma's so ugly she let Osama use the Caddy with the tinted windows for a getaway car."
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 10:43 pm
Prag
Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray to George my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray that Bush my soul to take.

Sleep tight, Prag, I hope Bush has his prayer cell phone turned on.

BBB Rolling Eyes
0 Replies