Did anyone notice Stephen Hawking contradicted himself?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 10:18 am
@High Strangeness,
High Strangeness wrote:

asked- "Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy the same way you believe in Jesus?"
------------------------------------------------

You can believe in the TF if you like chum, but include me out..Smile

I feel the same way; you can believe in God if you like... but count me out.

At least we understand each other.
High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 10:23 am
@maxdancona,
said- "I feel the same way; you can believe in God if you like... but count me out.At least we understand each other"
------------------------------------------------------

Not quite, because I'll never understand why atheists and nonchristians deny all the overwhelming evidence of God and Jesus..Wink
maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 10:29 am
@High Strangeness,
It is not that hard to explain...

The evidence of God and Jesus is not as overwhelming at all. Christianity is contradictory. The God of the Bible who wants to be called the "God of Love" is moody, inconsistent, often illogical and sometimes brutal.

The biggest evidence against Christianity is that Christians themselves are such screwed up jerks.

Christians are making up the bulk of the support for Donald Trump. Enough said.

High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 10:42 am
@maxdancona,
said- "The biggest evidence against Christianity is that Christians themselves are such screwed up jerks"
-------------------------------------------------

Yes, about 19 out of every 20 are jerks!
They must have put thousands of people off Jesus over the centuries, so don't make the mistake of thinking they're true Christians!
Don't worry, they can't get under the radar..Smile-

Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 10:45 am
@maxdancona,
said- "Christians are making up the bulk of the support for Donald Trump. Enough said."
------------------------------------------------------

Well muslims are poisoning America's water supplies and setting forest fires (google it), and Trump wants to keep them out, seems sensible enough to me..Wink
maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:01 am
@High Strangeness,
There you go. You don't even believe your own Bible (have you read it?). How do you expect other people to?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:03 am
@High Strangeness,
Please provide the links to prove Muslims are poisoning America's water supplies. Please provide which water supplies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/american-muslims-donate-30000-bottles-of-water-to-help-ease-federal-state-of-emergency-in-michigan-a6818486.html
American Muslims donate 30,000 bottles of water to help ease water shortage in Michigan.

Flint's government lied about the toxicity of the water.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/who-poisoned-flint-michigan-20160122
maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't think it matters Cicerone. High Strangeness is being a hypocrite about his own Christian beliefs.

Read the words of Jesus in Matthew 25:31-46 or Matthew 5:38-48.

He doesn't even believe in following Jesus. You can't hate Muslims, or refuse to help strangers out of fear, and claim to be a follower of Jesus.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:27 am
Stephen Hawking is a human being. He doesn't claim to be divine. He never claims that he is always correct or doesn't make mistakes. Disproving something that Stephen Hawking says doesn't disprove all of science, it just means that Stephen Hawking is human.

Jesus on the other hand claims to be divine. He claims to that his words are truth.

That is why when Jesus on one hand says "Love your Enemy" and "Do not refuse the stranger" and then later says "Make America Great Again".. it is such a big deal.

When Jesus contradicts Himself after claiming to be be God himself, it kind of takes away from His message.
High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:39 am
@maxdancona,
said- "When Jesus contradicts Himself after claiming to be be God himself.,
-------------------------------------------------

He made it crystal clear that he WASN'T God, so if you don't believe him you can argue it out with him when you meet him..Wink

Jesus said:-"Why do you call me good? Only God is good" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus said "Only God knows when Judgement Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
High Priest asked-"Are you the Son of God?", Jesus replied - "I am" (Mark 14:61)
Jesus said - "I only say what my Father tells me to say" (John 12:49)
Jesus said to Peter:-"My Father has revealed to you that I am the Son of God" (Matt 16:15)
A demon said- "Jesus Son of God don't torment me" (Mark 5:7-9)
Jesus said- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
Jesus said - "I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
“My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done" (Matt 26:42)
Jesus said- "Father into thy hands I commend my spirit" (Luke 23:46)
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (Matt 3:17)

maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:45 am
@High Strangeness,
So it doesn't mean anything if you find out that Jesus contradicted himself?
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 12:19 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm not sure this guy is for real. I would say that he's just a troll, but there are a lot of people, non religious included, who are just as irrational and non reflecting about what they post. They are all over the place.

They don't understand the rules of logic, don't understand how to make a coherent argument and what fits with the argument and what muddles it. Assume dubious 'truths' in part of their statement and refer back to it as support in another part of their statement without qualification. Make false equivalences, don't fully read what someone else has written, always assume theirs is a 'final' 'truth' without ever questioning that they might be wrong lest the whole of their system and correspondent psyche come crashing down and leave them with squat.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 12:24 pm
Guys guys, where exactly does Jesus contradict himself, or is it just another consp-theory?..Wink
maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 12:30 pm
@High Strangeness,
He first says "welcome the stranger". Then he says "build a damn wall".

You don't see the contradiction?
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 01:13 pm
Trump's got no beef with hardworking Mex-Americans, it's just the others he wants to keep out..Smile
parados

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 01:28 pm
@High Strangeness,
Quote:
Huge numbers of Israelis plus the Roman garrison saw and heard Jesus strutting his stuff for 3 long years, you can believe they were all hallucinating or lying if you like, but include me out

You keep making this claim. When asked you only cited the writings of 2 people, Mark and John. With all those huge numbers shouldn't some people uninterested in making Jesus into a God at least mentioned him in some writing from the time? Why are there no contemporary writings outside the bible that mention Jesus?
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 01:35 pm
@High Strangeness,
If you accept the statements as true, Jesus made them without qualification. He didn't say love your neighbor as yourselves, but only if they aren't pillocks. In fact, it seems explicitly the opposite because then he goes on to say what does it credit you to love only those who love you? Even the heathens do this.

The contradictions are contradictions because of things like this. On the one hand there's thou shalt not kill. Then there's mass killing. What does this say?

God: Don't kill unless I command it or its for a good cause! And if you get into a sticky situation, just say I commanded it because its honorable and the other guys are bastards. Wait, but then I said love your enemies. Myself Damnit! OK, love your enemies unless they have resources you need to pilfer or unless it suits you in general. Is it too late to make an edit? What? Oh, yeah, interpretation and all that.

What good are these 'exhortations' or commandments if you can break them based on the situation? You can always find an excuse..
High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 03:44 pm
@catbeasy,
asked- "What good are these 'exhortations' or commandments if you can break them based on the situation? You can always find an excuse.."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider it a test..Smile
Each situation that comes along is different, so all we can do is use our free will to decide how to handle it based on the circumstances.
For example "Love thy neighbour" if taken literally means love everybody no matter what their or religion, yet elsewhere in the New T we're told to avoid unbelievers (2 Cor 6:14) and not to have them in our house. (2 John 1:10).
Personally I'm always polite to them, but that's as far as my "love" goes..Smile
PS- same with some so-called "christians", I can't stand them and avoid them like the plague-
"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ." (2 Cor 11:13/14)
maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 08:35 pm
@High Strangeness,
Interesting,

High Strangeness is another example of how you can twist the words of the Bible (this is the Apostle Paul in this case, not Jesus) to say pretty much anything you want them to say. Of course Paul here is not talking about "unbelievers", he is talking about the Gnostics who Paul was having a doctrinal war with at the time.

But anyway. High Strangeness is saying that love really means hate. When Jesus talked about welcoming the stranger in need into your home, He said "whatever you you do to these little ones you do unto me" (Matthew 25).

If that is not a contradiction than nothing is a contradiction. This is what the Jesus of the Bible said to people who did not welcome refugees.

Quote:
, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

If High Strangeness really believes the Bible, he should be very afraid.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 06:41 am
Maxdonkey said- "High Strangeness is another example of how you can twist the words of the Bible"..
--------------------------------------------------

Seems plain enough to me, the Bible is clear that we should steer clear of nonchristians and phoney christians and calls them-
"dogs, pigs. " (Matt 7:6)
"weeds" (Matt 13:38 )
"brute beasts," (2 Peter 2:12)
"heathens" (Jeremiah 10:2)
"fools" (Psalm 94:8 )
"liars" (1 John 2:22/23)
"defiled" (Titus 1:15)
"filthy" (Revelation 22:11)

For example I walked out of a snooty "Christian" forum only last month because the people who ran it were neurotic fundy wimps, censoring, editing and deleting any posts by people they didn't agree with..Smile
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

0 Replies