Save the assault weapons ban

Swimpy

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 04:20 pm
I wouldn't be scared revel. You are exercising your right of citizenship. If these guys don't hear from us common folk once in a while, they start to think we don't care what they do.

I got responses from Sen Tom Harkin and Rep. Jim Nussle. Still nothing from Sen. Grassley. He must be too busy busting the FBI's chops.

Rog, I don't write very often either. I save them for issues that I feel deeply about.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:09 pm
Re: Save the assault weapons ban
Swimpy wrote:
I support the extension of the assault weapons ban. If Congress does not act before Sept. 14, the ban will expire. If you want to see the ban extended, please write your representatives in Washington. President Bush has already said he would sign the extension, but the Republicans in control of both houses will not bring it to the floor.

The following link will take you to a convenient site where you can email members of Congress. Tell them how you feel about this important issue.

https://ssl.capwiz.com/congressorg/dbq/officials/directory/directory.dbq?command=congdir

Last I heard, between Lizzy Bordon, Jack the Ripper, and Lucrecia Borgia, none of them ever killed anybody with a firearm. What all you gonna outlaw to prevent kids from reading about those guys and acting out their fantasies?

What about baseball bats? Ever catch that scene in The Untouchables with Al Capone and the sport of baseball?

What about bows and arrows? Have you had any sort of a look at modern archery equipment? The newest generation of bows can easily hit a human target at 100 yards and they do not make any noise.

What about gasoline? Last I heard, ordinary gasoline still packs more energy pound for pound than most if not all military explosives. In fact the most evil **** in our military's conventional arsenal are fuel-air weapons which work on the same principles as carburators more or less.

You gonna outlaw gasoline?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 06:09 pm
Please
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:57 am
Please what? Gun bans don't work.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 05:42 pm
Already told you folks I'm not gonna debate this. There is already a debate thread on this topic. You'll notice, I'm not there.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:37 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Please what? Gun bans don't work.

I think he means 'please don't expose my thesis for the rubbish it is'...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:09 am
Please, go right ahead. And while you're at it, please explain to everyone how Australia banning swords has made everyone safer.
0 Replies