Help please...

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 08:37 pm
My situation is difficult. I've been married for a while now my wife lives with me and we deeply love each other. Recently I came across a girl who was kicked out of her home almost 4 months ago. She's been living out of motels (you probably can assume what she has to do to pay for those motel rooms...) and on some nights goes to bed without eating. I've been talking to her and hanging out with her and helping her as much as I can. She says she's still not ready yet to go home and talk to her mother and that even if she did she wouldn't be allowed to move back in. My whole end game/goal was for me to be able to help her get home and out of this terrible situation that she's in. I've read her text messages while she sleeps and a lot of them are so degrading from guys that I legitimately feel sick to my stomach. I could never imagine talking to a lady like that or how she actually feels about it. I've asked her not to talk to guys especially ones like that but I get why she has to if I can't provide a room for her to live in she needs a roof because the streets aren't a good place. So several times while we've been driving without me even asking she's confessed to being tempted to doing things with other guys. She met up with 1 but they couldn't find a place to do anything. My thing is I didn't even ask her about it she felt so bad that she felt the need to tell me and be honest with me. (Sorry for the rambling I'm not that good at formulating these things obviously lol). Anyways while reading her messages I noticed she was talking to this one guy about me and she said I'm so nice and I take such great care of her and that she's really getting attached to me. Then she said "I hate that I'm getting attached but it happened" to the guy and then he said well it looks like you don't need me around anymore and she basically told him she wanted him to stay. My problem is I really care for this girls well being and for her now. I care to the point that I've lost sleep & get nervous when I don't hear from her after a few hours (like if I text her and she stops responding). If I know she's asleep then it's no biggie. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I deeply love my wife with every fiber of my being... Am I a terrible person for caring so much for someone I barely know and what do you all think I should do? I need honest advice/help please...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 441 • Replies: 4
No top replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 09:19 pm
@Enonymous,
Are you much older than she is? Have you had sex with her? Do you want to? Does your wife know about her? I ask you these questions to get more information about your situation. If the first three are "Yes" and the last one is "No", then you have a real problem. Part of that problem is honesty with yourself.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 06:15 am
@Enonymous,
Stop lying to yourself.

If you really cared about this girl's well-being, you would be working with your wife (who would know about your little charity project) and with the authorities to get her a place to live.

This is a white knight rescue fantasy.

At least own up to that.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 06:20 am
You do realize you are taking care of a prostitute, don't you?

And that she is quite a manipulator!

What is going on in your life that you have picked up this wounded bird and have become so obsessed with her?

0 Replies

anthony1312002

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 01:36 pm
@Enonymous,
I truly want to comend you for you willingness to help this person. But you have to careful so as to keep things in proper perspective. Although you may not have intended to become close to this young lady and she to you, the fact is men and women cannot interact with each other on this level and an attraction not develop between them.

Your first priority and loyalty is to your wife. No other human relationship should ever be allowed to transcend this relationship. A nice Bible principle that helps in this matter is Titus 1:8 which highlights the quality of being loyal.

Another principal that would also help highlights something that you already fear. That your present situation could compromise your relationship with your wife. Proverbs 22:3 says: "3 The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences." Since you see the danger, take steps to direct this young woman to others that can help her.

And finally there is something else you must consider. If this woman you are trying to help truly loves and respects you, then she will not allow herself to act on feelings she knows she has not right to. For her to do so would show disrespect for your wife, and ultimately you since no doubt she knows how much you love your wife.

Help can still be provided to this young lady. But it is obvious that this help cannot come from you. Take the right action my friend and you will be happy in doing so.
0 Replies