"Until this moment I think I never really gauged your cruelty"

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 11:50 am
@revelette2,
Be bold! Make threads. It doesn't hurt you and it helps the community. I think that would be a popular discussion here, I suspect many people will share your opinion and I'll go argue against them to help the thread get going.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:03 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Khizr Khan was tricked into smearing Donald Trump

Quote:
Khizr Khan is a fine American and the father of a true American patriot. But now he is also everything that is wrong with American politics today.

It is not entirely his fault, though he has only himself to blame for allowing his dead son to be used for the most hideous of purposes and dragged through the gutter of nasty and dishonest partisan politics.

Khan and his wife took to the stage at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia last week to deliver an impassioned rebuke of Donald J.Trump that was universally celebrated by the media. Even Republican politicos swooned at the gambit. The Clinton campaign trotted out the Muslim couple because their son, Captain Humayun Khan, was killed by a car bomb in 2004 while guarding a base in Iraq.

“If it was up to Donald Trump, he never would have been in America,” said Khan, sliding easily into the political tradition of lying and distorting the position of one’s opponent.

“Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims,” he went on. “He disrespects other minorities, women, judges, even his own party leadership. He vows to build walls and ban us from this country.”

Despite all efforts by the media to distort Trump’s position about “banning” Muslims, he has made perfectly clear time and again that he does not want to ban all Muslims. He wants to simply perform thorough and complete background checks on all immigrants coming from countries presently in the grips of violent Islamic terrorism.

Yes, that means if you are a Muslim who wants to immigrate from Syria or Afghanistan, you are going to get a lot more scrutiny than if you are a Jew trying to immigrate from Canada. That is most unfortunate, but not nearly as unfortunate as innocents getting slaughtered by 10th Century savages killing in the name of Allah.

Anyway, this higher scrutiny should be no obstacle for the likes of Khizr Khan and his family, except for the additional hassle.

So, why would Khizr Khan choose to insert himself into politics and demean his son’s sacrifice by lying at a political convention on national television?

The answer is simple: He allowed himself to be tricked into it. And the Clinton campaign was all too eager to take advantage of him and his family and Capt. Khan and use them for their own political partisan purposes.

Stop for a moment and ask yourself how exactly the Clinton campaign arrived at the decision to trot out the Khan family in the middle of their highly-choreographed, exhaustively produced convention?

Were they just looking to give voice to the parents of a soldier? That would be a first. Did they want parents of anyone who had died abroad in the defense of their country? Gee, why not pick the parents of one of the fallen warriors who died defending the U.S. consulate in Benghazi? Oh, that’s right. They would have called Hillary Clinton a liar. Can’t have that.

No. Politicians like Hillary Clinton do not see people like Capt. Humayun Khan as a soldier who made the ultimate sacrifice on a foreign battlefield in defense of his country.

Politicians like Hillary Clinton see him only a demographic, a dispensable political pawn to be scooted around an electoral map, the way generals used to move armies across giant maps of the lands they were invading.

But instead of liberating Europe from evil fascists, politicians like Hillary Clinton use their long, worn croupier rakes to move their pawns about with the singular goal of advancing their own personal political careers.

To her, Capt. Khan is not a just soldier who died defending his country in a foreign land. First and foremost, to her, he is a Muslim of Pakistani heritage and therefore is a perfect political pawn for just the right situation.

For just about every American alive, Capt. Khan is an inspiring and unifying figure. To Hillary Clinton, he is a tool to be used to divide people. In her false promise of unifying America, she creates a national political Babylon. Her avaricious greed for more and more power knows no bounds.

It is an open secret in Washington that politics is the last bastion of rampant racial profiling. Both parties do it, but Democrats have taken it to a whole new scientific level.

Politicians like Hillary Clinton slice and dice people into racial and gender groups. Then they toot on all their little “dog whistles” to send all their little demographic pawns scurrying in various directions. That is how you wind up with Khizr Khan standing on stage beside his head-scarved wife, waving around the U.S. Constitution and distorting Donald Trump’s position on keeping radical Islamic terrorism at bay.

Perhaps a better testimony from Khizr Khan would have been for him to talk about how Hillary Clinton was in the U.S. Senate when she voted to invade Iraq. Years later, after that position became politically unpopular, she changed her mind and joined new political forces to vacate all the land across Iraq that so many great American patriots like Capt. Humayun Khan had died for.

It was her vote that sent Capt. Khan to his death. And then it was her decisions later to render that sacrifice worthless.

Try sticking that into your dog whistle and blowing it.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:06 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Ghazala Khan: Trump criticized my silence. He knows nothing about true sacrifice.

Quote:
Donald Trump has asked why I did not speak at the Democratic convention. He said he would like to hear from me. Here is my answer to Donald Trump:

What was it that Hillary Sacrificed?
snood

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:16 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Robert Gentel wrote:

Ghazala Khan: Trump criticized my silence. He knows nothing about true sacrifice.

Quote:
Donald Trump has asked why I did not speak at the Democratic convention. He said he would like to hear from me. Here is my answer to Donald Trump:

What was it that Hillary Sacrificed?

The thing is, Hillary wasn't asked because Hillary didn't disrespect gold star parents for the whole world to see. It made sense for Donald Trump to be asked the question. And as everyone can tell by his answer- he doesn't have the slightest clue what Mr Khan meant by "sacrifice".
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:23 pm
@McGentrix,
No idea why you are asking me, I think you are barking up a silly tree here. They were asked to the convention for an obvious reason: to counter Trump's proposed policy of excluding such people from our country merely on the basis of their religion. The notion that they were "tricked" into criticizing Trump is nonsensical and it was a powerful way to refute Trump's idiotic (by even the rest of the GOP's opinion) idea to bar Muslims from entering the country.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:23 pm
@McGentrix,
In McGentrix's quote, Charles Hurt wrote:
Anyway, this higher scrutiny should be no obstacle for the likes of Khizr Khan and his family, except for the additional hassle.

What is wrong with Trump's politics is that Khizr Khan and his family would have the obstacle of additional hassle through the higher scrutiny that Trump would implement just because Khan is a Muslim.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:37 pm
Trump: "Mr. Khan, who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution"

Rich irony from the guy who wants to ban millions of different people from the country who he has never met. And first of all Khan did not claim that, he asked Donald if he had read the constitution. And as a great retort circulating the internet goes: if Donald had read the constitution he would see that Khan does, in fact, have this right.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 01:17 pm
@Robert Gentel,
rich comment
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:07 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Asking you because you started the thread. Figured you had a goat in the race.

You continue to do the same as so many on the left do to take to extreme remarks made, clarified and re-clarified to mean something they don't mean. It's no different than "Hillary lied, people died" with Benghazi.

The Khan's are pawns in a larger game and that particular gambit won. Their purpose is served and we can go back to finding the next gambit that will be used in the "war". You can tell how much the Democrats care about Muslim Extremeism and terrorism and the wars we are still fighting by how much they were talked about during the DNC.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:15 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
You continue to do the same as so many on the left do to take to extreme remarks made, clarified and re-clarified to mean something they don't mean.

Please provide an example(s) of your statement.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:17 pm
@McGentrix,
A lot of us care about other humans. I an beginning to think that discussion is bifurcated by the rage of adversaries, yes, of course, but what about connection with people?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:23 pm
@McGentrix,
Dude, you are better than this. I criticize the left plenty and you should be able to criticize the stuff on the right that crosses lines. The saner people on your side of the fence are doing so (nearly the entire GOP) and it does your side no favors to justify this kind of boorish behavior by Trump.

Yes, they were used in a political attack. But like Republican Lindsey Graham said: "There used to be some things that were sacred in American politics -- that you don't do -- like criticizing the parents of a fallen soldier even if they criticize you. If you're going to be leader of the free world, you have to be able to accept criticism. Mr. Trump can't," Graham said. "The problem is, 'unacceptable' doesn't even begin to describe it."

John McCain said: “While our party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us.”

If these folks on your side of the aisle can recognize that Trump is crossing lines by doing this then so should you. Political criticism is part and parcel of running for office and he needs to be able to take criticism without resorting to underhanded insults in response.
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:32 pm
@McGentrix,
what is your mind on Trump's criticsm of Sen John McCain "getting caught" when he was sht down over viet nam?

Is that part of the Larger Game??

I gree with Robt, you are consistently better than this.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
This is an unusual election where both candidates have big problems. I think many are going to avoid voting in this election because they feel there is no real choice. I may be a nonvoter for president for the first time in my life. I'll continue to hash it over until November.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

This is an unusual election where both candidates have big problems. I think many are going to avoid voting in this election because they feel there is no real choice. I may be a nonvoter for president for the first time in my life. I'll continue to hash it ovr until November.

Your state is solidly Democrat. Vote Green.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 03:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
Green sounds good to me! Thanks.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 03:56 pm
@snood,
Nit picking here but Trump was asked what he has sacrificed before he attacked the family, not afterwards. The Khans were making the point that their family as Muslims had made a significant sacrifice to the country while he had not.

In that context it's probably also true that Hillary hasn't made a similar sacrifice but the point they were making is that these folks who have made such a sacrifice were people who he wanted to exclude from the nation. And because Hillary does not it would not make sense to ask her that question in that context.

So my nit pick is that the question was made to Trump vs Hillary because of Trump's proposal to bar Muslims from the country, and his disrespect of the Gold Start family came after that.
Real Music

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 04:31 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
You continue to do the same as so many on the left do to take to extreme remarks made, clarified and re-clarified to mean something they don't mean.
Yes, it is true that politicians on the right and the left have been known to misspeak or inarticulate something that they didn't mean. It can happen to anyone. Any one of us might look back at what we said and realized after the fact, that wasn't exactly what we meant. We are all human. In the case of Donald Trump, I believe he means exactly what he is saying and saying exactly what he means. It is disingenuous for Trump to say he misspoke and didn't mean something. The reason is because his statements are habitual, pathological, perpetual, endless, and continuous. Simply put, he just keeps on doing it. These are not honest mistakes. Trump knows exactly what he is saying.

Quote:
The Khan's are pawns in a larger game and that particular gambit won.
I don't believe the Khan's are pawns at all. I believe the Khan's are making these statements about Donald Trump out of deeply held and heartfelt convictions. I believe that they feel that Trump is dishonoring their son with his hurtful repeated comments and they want the world to know what they feel about it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 04:36 pm
@Real Music,
Trump gets media attention, and many people are exposed to his rhetoric around the world. His misspeaks are often; 91% are lies, and some are treasonous.
To believe that the Khan's are pawns are ridiculous and unworthy of defense. Only Trump supporters believe his BS; they just don't understand our Constitution, and the sacrifice of our military. It's a reflection of the sad state of affairs in this country.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 06:29 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The core of Trump support is White Supremacy

Nonsense. People support Trump for many reasons. They may be union workers, for example, and like that Trump supports the working class.

maxdancona wrote:
People who support Trump who aren't White Supremacists are putting party over country.

Just the opposite. Hillary is the one who is dedicated to overthrowing the Constitution and Mr. Trump is the one who is dedicated to defending it.

All the people who care about their country are voting for Trump. The ones who hate America are all voting for Hillary.