Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh no!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 02:48 pm
@maxdancona,
I've repeated responded to what you have repeatedly posted.

You want kudos for making a point that is so clearly true it does require making?

I gave you kudos for arguing against stereotyping and generalization. I still think you have a blind spot in this regard, but you're not a bad guy.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 02:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No Finn, you are setting up a straw man. I can tell you what I believe if you want. It seems like you would rather tell me what I believe (and you telling me what I believe doesn't make much sense).

I am saying that Trump is appealing to racist rhetoric and ugly ideas to get support. I am saying that much of Trump's support base comes from people who hold racist ideas. These are things that are clearly true.

You are trying to make it sound like White middle-class Americans are racists. This is something that you are saying... but that I never said.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Fine. I made my argument and you made yours. Neither of us, apparently, are pursuaded by the other's.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Let me say this Finn, just so I make this completely clear.

If Donald Trump were the Democratic nominee, I would vote for any of the recent Republican nominees over him. That would include Romney, McCain, Bush, Dole, Papa Bush, Reagan, Nixon... any of them would be preferable to Donald Trump. I would do this in spite of my mantra (that seems to impact you so much).

If that doesn't convey the depth of my feelings about the ugly, racist appeal of Donald Trump... I don't know what will.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't mind you expressing your own opinions Finn. When you tell me what my opinions are, it seems a little bit over the line.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, max, max...You've made your point over and over again, and not unclearly.

As for your "mantra," are you really trying to make it seem like I'm somehow "obsessed" with it? You've not only made the comment multiple times, you've repeatedly defended it. Now you want to disown or "soften" it because it hurts you current argument? Please.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:17 pm
@maxdancona,
Actually that's not true. You have on more than one occasion swooped in to tell me how outrageous, if not vile, my opinions are.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There is nothing wrong with you telling me how outrageous and vile you think my opinions are. I am only asking that you get my vile opinions right.

When you tell me what my opinions are (over my objections)... and then tell me that they are vile... that is going a little far.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:26 pm
@maxdancona,
This is getting silly.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 05:51 pm
@Sage of Main Street,
This is a joke right?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 02:04 am
@Sage of Main Street,
The cleaners just called--your white sheets are ready, and they patched the holes, no extra charge.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:33 am
I have to laugh at all you people who assign the label racist so cavalierly. Truth be told you're not in the mind of any person to be able to make such a judgment. I read the article that engineer posted which supposedly purports to be evidence of Trumps racism. And there's only one part of it that has even a little credibility and that's where he was charged with not renting to black people and his defense was that he was being forced to rent to people on welfare. All the rest of it is hearsay and innuendo... In an obvious attempt to paint with a broad brush. Does Donald Trump hire minorities to work for him? Then he's not a racist. Does Donald Trump install people of color in positions of authority? Then he's not a racist. Has Donald Trump ever come out and said I hate minorities and people of color? If not then he's not a racist. Like the old lady used to say... Where's the beef? Are black people who refer to each other as Niger racists? Are democratic politicians who try to keep minorities on welfare and who destroy the nuclear family racist? Yes it's easy to throw around that term.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 09:38 am
@giujohn,
So, what's the meaning of the word "racist" according to you?
giujohn

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 11:10 am
@InfraBlue,
a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 01:44 pm
@InfraBlue,
That's a pretty narrow definition.

Would that include someone who thinks that a race is inferior to another?

I don't know what Trump believes, but he has a record of continually and systematically discriminating against African Americans in affording them housing in his properties. That's racist.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:25 pm
@giujohn,
So when Trump said that blacks are lazy and that they can't help it because it's just the way they are how on earth does that not fit?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:29 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Also, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:42 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Well first of all I don't know that Donald Trump said that... And neither do you. We have people who claim that he said it that's about it. But more importantly did he express superiority of whites over blacks? Or did he Express a prejudice against some certain people that he knew? You see there's a big difference between the word prejudice and racist. The derivative of the word prejudice is to prejudge... Something that we all do from time to time but also leaves room for a change of opinion. Now I'm not here to say that I know Donald Trump mind. But until I see evidence of racism I reserve judgment. But then again I would give that benefit to anybody.