What if the electorate were foolish enough to give Bush a...

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:29 pm
...mandate!

During the last campaign, he promised to govern from the middle. Instead, he has been one of the most strident conservative, right wing nuts ever to infect the Oval Office.

And this...with no mandate whatsoever.

He didn't even win a plurality of the vote...let alone a majority!

So...if he actually wins this time...even by one vote...

...what can we expect?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,052 • Replies: 35
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:31 pm
Republican presidents named Bush for the next 20 years.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:31 pm
I know his plan includes dead Iraquis. Other than that, it's tough to say.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:08 pm
http://freeconservatives.com/rhino/mandate.gif
0 Replies

angie

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:13 pm
POPULAR VOTE ?????
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:21 pm
angie wrote:
POPULAR VOTE ?????
Doesn't matter, he won according to the US Constitution.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:47 pm
Ooh, what pretty colors!

But what the hell does that have to do with the point of this thread?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:57 pm
Square miles of counties won? That's funny!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 06:22 pm
What can we expect?

1. Expect to own our own retirement. Instead of paying in 7.5%-15% to Social Security, we will pay in some undisclosed amount that the government then invests for us. This is GREAT! Since we are only 10 year olds, we have no clue how to invest, where to invest, or how to check on our investment. And, if the stock market crashes, OPEC changes to the Euro or there's any funny stuff with the SEC or CEO's and our investment is worth squat, at least we will each own squat.

2. Expect to own our own home... Since most of us already do, this campaign statement is actually aimed at the public housing members of our society. It means those currently living in public housing will finally take ownership of their run down housing project by paying higher monthly payments +interest + maintenance + they lose everything including their equity if someone that comes to visit them has a joint on them.

3. Expect to NEVER see Lady Liberty's breasts ever again!!!

4. Expect Wars and Rumors of War!

5. Expect your state income, property and sales taxes to increase to cover the federal money no longer provided for schools, food stamps, medicaid, jobless, etc.

6. Expect another attack on our homeland.

7. Expect higher unemployment, lower wages, fewer worker protections.

8. Expect a cap on lawsuit payments. Again, as 10 year olds we are not capable of sitting on a jury, listening to the evidence and deciding what a fellow citizen is owed due to corporate negligence or medical malpractice. Bush already knows that not a single one of us is worth more than $250,000.

9. Expect drilling in ANWAR. Clear cutting in our national forests and more mountain tops being blown off and into the streams and creeks with no cleanup required by the mining companies.

10. Expect minimum wage to stay the same.

Shall I continue?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 06:28 pm
Well said squinney!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
squinney wrote:
What can we expect?

1. Expect to own our own retirement. Instead of paying in 7.5%-15% to Social Security, we will pay in some undisclosed amount that the government then invests for us. This is GREAT! Since we are only 10 year olds, we have no clue how to invest, where to invest, or how to check on our investment. And, if the stock market crashes, OPEC changes to the Euro or there's any funny stuff with the SEC or CEO's and our investment is worth squat, at least we will each own squat.

What is this about? Are you suggesting the the future Bush administration is going to privatize social security? You're not really clear in what you are saying here. What do you mean by "some undisclosed amount"?

squinney wrote:
2. Expect to own our own home... Since most of us already do, this campaign statement is actually aimed at the public housing members of our society. It means those currently living in public housing will finally take ownership of their run down housing project by paying higher monthly payments +interest + maintenance + they lose everything including their equity if someone that comes to visit them has a joint on them.

Waht? You mean no more nanny government? YAY!!! Can you imagine people actually owning their own homes instead of being degraded by having to live in some run down government project?

squinney wrote:

I didn't desire to see Lady Liberty's breast to begin with.

squinney wrote:

Yes, I hope America stays well defended. I also hope for an end to extremist Islamoterrorism.

squinney wrote:
5. Expect your state income, property and sales taxes to increase to cover the federal money no longer provided for schools, food stamps, medicaid, jobless, etc.

The federal governement shouldn't be provided those services to begin with.

squinney wrote:

Really think whoever the president is really matters for this prediction? I truly hope that this never occurs.

squinney wrote:

Why? Because those statistics are dropping and have been dropping since the recession ended? Unemployment is at an extreme low, wages are good and what worker protections are going to be lost? Unions? No loss there. Just less corruption.

squinney wrote:
8. Expect a cap on lawsuit payments. Again, as 10 year olds we are not capable of sitting on a jury, listening to the evidence and deciding what a fellow citizen is owed due to corporate negligence or medical malpractice. Bush already knows that not a single one of us is worth more than $250,000.

YES!!! PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! No one should be rewarded 86 BILLION dollars because they smoked.

squinney wrote:
9. Expect drilling in ANWAR. Clear cutting in our national forests and more mountain tops being blown off and into the streams and creeks with no cleanup required by the mining companies.

Hmmmm.... a domestic source of oil and more jobs in an area the size of a small town. Sounds good to me.

squinney wrote:
10. Expect minimum wage to stay the same.

Shall I continue?

Well, it's minimum for a reason. Maybe when people start owning their homes, and working better jobs, they won't be working at minimum wage jobs. I haven't worked one since I graduated college.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:31 pm
McGentrix wrote:

YES!!! PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! No one should be rewarded 86 BILLION dollars because they smoked.
McGentrix wrote:

Yep, every lawsuit ever filed and awarded a sum over $250,000 was for people that died from smoking. Got me there, McGentrix! :wink:
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:57 pm
squinney wrote:
What can we expect?

Do you always misrepresent in your posts? We will be given the choice of how it goes in, we won't be able to choose any old investment, so that we don't end up broke at the age of 65. I would rather have this chance then get stuck with $1000 a month for the next 30 or 40 years. I'm young enough to know I have time to earn back any investment that goes poor. Also the types of investments that will be offered will be low risk to prevent something huge losses of investment. I take it you like the current system? If you don't what would you do different.

Quote:

I just sold my home and have bought another one, I don't make huge amounts of money but I do own my own home. Do you have something against people owning their own homes? I'm sure you didn't have an issue with the idea of HUD homes when that idea came along. The only issue I have is that the housing market in my neighborhood is going down due to a large amount of homes becoming HUD homes. One of the reasons why I moved to another part of town.

Quote:

Simple minds = simple pleasures.

Quote:

Has this changed since the dawn of man? To those who wish to harm us I say bring it on!

Quote:

If the states, counties, and cities can't get by on what they bring in now, then they will have to cut back somewhere. They had better get used to it, I live on a limited income, so should they. The govt can't be everything to everybody, and they can't be expected to pay for everything either. Start by cutting the welfare roles and then move on to something else of little importance to the regular American. They can also increase the taxes on those that want more of the services. If you want to provide more to people then they can raise your taxes, you seem to be able to afford it.

Quote:

That won't be happening, we have already taken the steps to prevent such an attack. Remember we were already attacked and it wasn't the fault of Bush, he was only in office for 8 months when it happened. Since then there hasn't been an attack. I fear more of an attack with Kerry in office then I do with Bush in office, trying to reason with terrorists isn't the way to defeat them.

Quote:

Unemployment is going down and the economy is getting stronger. Greenspan even said so the other day. I put in another thread how the new OT rules have had a positive effect by covering more people then they did before. The govt has nothing to do with what wages a company pays. Would you have the govt decide what you make in your job?

Quote:

I don't think this is a bad idea. Remember that lady that spilled HOT McDonalds coffee in her lap and get several millions of dollars? Did that really make sense to you? I mean you place hot coffee between your legs and you get burned, so you sue the company that gave you the coffee instead of taking responsibility for your own stupid mistake. Have you ever heard of frivolous lawsuits? Look at John Edwards, he fooled a bunch of juries into thinking something that is passed on to babies through a virus or genetics, was caused by Dr's. The American people might be smart but a lawyer can fool us on any given day.

My son is deaf thanks to his 9 month vaccination shots, should I go sue the clinic, or the company because of this? I know **** happens in life and I don't blame others because of it. There is a risk in everything we do.

Quote:

What is wrong with drilling in ANWAR, it would lower our dependence on foreign oil, and provide jobs to people. I think the rest is going over board. Allowing thinning of forests is a far cry from clear cutting.

Quote:
10. Expect minimum wage to stay the same

That is a good thing. Who wants to stick with a min wage job? I would think it being low would drive people to get better jobs. If a job doesn't pay what you want it to then find another, that is the way it should be. Don't expect to stay at a dead end job that doesn't require skills and then expect the govt to make your company pay you more because you are too lazy to get off your butt to gain some skills. There are enough govt programs available for someone to get an education and get a better job.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:17 pm
As far as the war on terrorism goes, I believe that it will become ever more apparent to the American public that the war in Iraq is a distraction from, and not a deterrent to terrorism. But it will be too late.

Look for Al-Qaeda to evolve and merge with other franchise terror groups, grow in number and become ever more organized.

Expect more and wider-scale attacks on our allies and Iraq coalition partners. As a result, I expect our allies to become ever more sheepish about helping us out. Don't expect anyone to join us in Iraq anytime soon.

Bin Laden will be caught or killed. It won't matter.

In short, it will be bad. But the good news is that in four years, there will be nowhere to go but up.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 02:16 am
I like that map above. It looks like a map of the first places that will most probably succumb to global warming and become unfit to sustain life. In fact I think those places already are unfit to sustain life.

Look for the blue; that's where most people live as it happens.

Desert = Red
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 02:26 am
"I didn't desire to see Lady Liberty's breast to begin with."

I completely agree with you. I always desired to see her nostrils to begin with.

The Torch would have been my second choice.

But it was always locked when I was a child.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:09 am
Re: What if the electorate were foolish enough to give Bush
Frank Apisa wrote:
So...if he actually wins this time...even by one vote...

...what can we expect?

We can expect the continued evisceration of our rights protected by the Constitution.

We can expect the war in Iraq to escalate out of control. We can expect war with most Arab nations and with North Korea. The world will erupt in violence and devastating terrorist attacks will become common. We will be fighting on many fronts. We will not have support from other nations.

Bush will deploy the national guard units from every state to places of combat around the world. The draft will be imposed and our sons will conscripted into military service. We will have the largest standing army that this world has ever seen "protecting" our country.

With the entire world emersed in death, dying, combat, and terrorism, Bush will declare a world emergency of such magnitude that it warrants the suspension of the Twenty-Second Amendment (limiting a president to two terms). There will not be a presidential primary or election in 2008.
Using his war powers, he will declare martial law throughout the country, disband Congress, close the courts, and declare himself the absolute Commander.

With our national guard units stationed overseas and our state armories depleted, the standing army will have complete control of our nation. The Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security will be militarized and all dissenters will be yanked from their homes and imprisoned or shot as traitors.

By the time the conservatives who once supported Bush figure out what has happened, they will realize that the issues of abortion, gay-marriage, prayer in the classroom, equal rights, etc., etc., etc., were used by Bush to divide this country---it will be too late. Even if they want to speak out against Bush----it will be too dangerous to do so. The America we once knew will be completely gone.

Bush will proclaim that he is acting upon God's words. The religious fanatics will declare Bush either to be the Savior reborn or the Anti-Christ. (Someone, please: Check Bush for the sign of the Beast.)

Maybe I'm exaggerating the dire consequences . . . maybe I'm not . . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:35 am
LOL! That was a funny mistake on my part. Obviously I meant our fine spirited Lady of Justice, or "Minnie Lou," not Lady Liberty.

Debra - I've imagined that result, as well.

What else to expect?

I imagine there will be more people moving to Canada, Australia, etc., and it won't just be the Baldwin brothers.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:34 am
squinney wrote:

I imagine there will be more people moving to Canada, Australia, etc., and it won't just be the Baldwin brothers.

Well, if the election of a president you disagree with is enough to cause people to leave the country, then I say good riddance. Don't let the door hit your backside as you leave.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:41 am
I welcome the impending influx of immigration to Canada. I need more clients.
0 Replies