Cant give anymore

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 06:36 am
I just dont know if I am in love anymore with my husband. We ahve only been married 2 yuears and have 2 wonderful children. I just cant help but think that someone else is out there for me. My heart isnt in this. But I dont want to hurt the children. Divorce is so hard on kids. I have no college degree, no money, he has it all. All I have are 2 legs to stand on and my parent's money. We got married for the wrong reasons and I am not in love with him anymore. But then again...what exactly is love?
What does it feel like to know that this person is going to be here forever?
WSomedays I feel likeI couldnt live with out him....only becasue of the financial issues I;'m sure....boy is this confusing.....when I;m in his arms I close my eyes and picture someone else...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 601 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:14 am
How old are you, marriedw/4?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:19 am
Quote:
when I;m in his arms I close my eyes and picture someone else...

Are you just fantasizing or is there anyone else in particular?
0 Replies

swestover

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:08 pm
It is not fair to him or the kids if you stay in a marriage that has no love. You say you think there is someone out there for you, that tells me that your husband is not Mr. right. maybe counseling would help you figure out what you are looking for.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:27 pm
Go read this book, it should be in a bookstore near you, Too Good to Leave/Too Bad to Stay, by Mira Kirshenbaum. It offers diagnostic tools to help you clarify what it takes for you to be happy. But if you "can't give any more," that sums up your position, and tells me that you have decided your situation is too bad to stay in already. I feel sorry for you, especially for the 2 children you created together who will suffer by divorce, but also suffer if you choose to stay and fix nothing. It's all very sad, really.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 03:02 pm
marriedw/4--

Does your husband know how you feel?

Are you sure that the problem is in your marriage and not in yourself? With two young children you're probably tired all the time and "hot...wet...dirty" is not stimulating conversation for an adult.

Do you have any friends? Any interests outside your home?

The more we know, the more helpful we can be.
0 Replies