Is too much green tea bad for you?

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 12:52 am
If you are thinking that green tea is always good, then you might be wrong.

Researchers have found that high consumption of green tea impairs fertility function in fruit flies, along with impairing development of their offspring. As of now, the researchers are unsure if high consumption of green tea will yield the same results in humans, but the findings do warrant caution against large amounts of green tea.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 505 • Replies: 2
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 04:01 am
@loungfrank,
That doesn't mean much. Fruit flies are very different from people. Have you seen spider's webs after various chemicals have been ingested?

http://primalnaturenetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/post-spiders-drugs-web.jpg

judging from that, mescaline is quite innocuous but caffeine is a real mind altering substance.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 09:27 am
@loungfrank,
The question is: How much is too much?

I read a study that said having at least four cups of green tea daily is necessary just to get the full benefit of the tea. In Asia, ten cups daily are sometimes consumed. So how much is too much? I don't know. I guess if you find yourself downing a gallon daily you might want to consider cutting down.
0 Replies