BOSTON, Dys and Diane's Big Adventure.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:16 pm
(huh, did I skip you somehow, eva? Ohhhh, nooooooo.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:17 pm
Backing up, maybe that sentence wasn't about me. Maybe they toasted Eva.

Okay, I'll be quiet now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:19 pm
Okay, I got it, Okla-damn-homa. For a minute there, I thought the reference was the

WILD TURKEY
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:38 pm
<LOL!>
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:12 am
This post is from a new thread I started just a few minutes ago. I hope all you fine folks take the time to visit and post.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36803&highlight=

Okay...lemme tell ya about the mini get-together we had in the Big Apple last night. And before dropping the other shoe...I want to go over the fun highlights.

Joe Nation (Jonathan), Lola (Jane), Blatham (Bernie Latham), and I...met with Dyslexia (Bob) and Diane (Diane!!!!) who were visiting town.

We went to a very nice French restaurant in the Theater District...and had a delicious dinner together.

The conversation was plentiful, light, and entertaining....and we had a serious ball! Jonathan, a serious life-long Boston fan did not seem to mind missing the big game at all, and the rest of us obviously didn't give a rat's a...

So, as I was saying, everything went swimmingly...right up to the moment (after dinner, coffee, and dessert...and just before breaking up and going our seperate ways)....

...when I felt a bit of light-headedness and decided to walk outside to get some air.

I still don't know what happened...because I have not talked to any of the others yet...but I do know that I recovered consciousness about 3 hours later...in the emergency room of St. Vincent's Hospital in Mid-Town.

Luckily...(you might say)...the sidewalk had apparently broken the fall I took when I (apprently) passed out...and the only thing I wish is that some part of my body besides my face had taken the shot.

But...the ECG and the CATscan indicated there were no broken bones...and I had not had a heart attack.

For those of you wondering...I swear: All I had was two beers and maybe three or four joints. (I gotta stay away from that beer...it screws me over every time!)

I'd like to think that I was talking coherently...and entertainingly...right up to the end...but I will have to wait until some of the others post comments.

In any case, Dys and Diane are a delight...Bernie, Jane, and Jonathan always are...and I would do this meet over again in a heartbeat!

So...anyone who was there: Wha hoppened???
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:04 pm
Frank, remember our discussion about petit mal and deja vu? I wasn't there (more's the pity) but I swear it sounds as though that is what your problem is. It can be controlled, but first must be diagnosed.

Glad you are all right, however.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:04 pm
My gosh, Frank, how are ya feeling? You sure the gals' collective beauty didn't just make ya faint? Seriously, I hope you're all right.

And good to hear that the gathering was fun. Funny, they always seem to be!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:06 pm
I'm in great shape, folks. Thanks for the concern.

As for the facial bruises and shiner...my brother just stopped by and when he asked, I told him I got in a fist fight with a wiseass Boston fan...and she got in a lucky punch.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:49 pm
Frank!! Three hours! Wowza. My father had the same thing happening to him last year - they found out something in his heart was miswired or some part of it sent a wrong signal, or forgot to send a signal, every now and then. He got a tiny little pacemaker and he's fine. But, there are other possible causes - Diabetes is one. What did the doctors say? How is your face?
Fun to observe Diane and Dys' journey, hope no more medical emergencies will be called for!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:20 pm
Dag, my husband has a pace maker, and that's not exactly the classic symptoms that you described. The pulse rate drops very low, and I'm certain the doctors would have picked up on that immediately.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:23 pm
Well, I'm not sure if my father exhibited 'classic symptoms', but that's what he got and it hasn't happened since.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 06:59 pm
Ah, consider looking up syncope on google before not-seeing-your-internist.
None of my business, but I think the episode should be followed up.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:46 am
Wish I was able to be here more often as well but, alas reality, work, all that stuff. Lucky to meet peeps once in a while though--and nice to see everyone (sorry to have missed George!). Levely to meet dys and yes, there is more photographic evidence-just finished the roll last night so, hopefully there'll be something worth sharing here in the next day or two!!
Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:13 am
Well...my regular doctor has picked up on several things.

My blood pressure is low (always has been)...my heart rate is extremely slow (always has been)...and the EKG shows lots of skipped beats.

I am getting a Holter monitor this afternoon.

Except for the remnants of the black eye...I am feeling as good as can be. I've been playing golf each day...engaging in my usual amount of sex play with Nancy...and have no problems whatever.

We'll see what the monitor shows...but I hate the sound of the word, "Pacemaker."
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:42 am
No big deal to a pacemaker, Frank, but that Holter monitor is gonna give you some trouble when you sleep.

Hey, Quinn. We've missed you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:50 am
I'm so glad to see/hear you, Frank. Good thing the doc picked up on those little details. The pacemaker's no biggie. My 88 year-old neighbour had one put in last year while he was in the middle of chemo, and was having a shingles attack. The pacemaker was the easy bit, and he's out on the roads, terrorizing Toronto, again.

The Holter monitor will be annoying for a bit, but then you can move on.

Thanks for taking care of yourself. Lots of us need you to be o.k.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 11:03 am
That's true.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:19 pm
new gallery pics - here - Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:33 pm
Thanks for the heads-up. Nice additions to the gallery.

Gotta remember to take some pix when some old abuzzers come to Tranna in December. 2 of them post here occasionally. Wish we could get 'em more attached to A2K.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:36 pm
Oh, good, ehb, and I hope they don't mind posting them.

I am going to scan my ny trip pictures, to go with the diary (morphing as we speak/getting editing job) in original writing. Will be asking for permissions, and will show the city and some folks if they agree. People may not agree, we'll see. At least, so far, piffka and I, as she'll post her photos when I get my knickers in a twist, or nuts in a bag, or my gear together - I am thinking of doing it as a thread in orig photo.
0 Replies