Another gathering in San Francisco

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 07:48 pm
I thought it might be time to plan for another gathering in San Francisco. My wife and I visited San Francisco today by taking CalTrain into the city. We spent most of the day on Embarcadero, and had lunch at Pier 39. The weather was great, there were tons of visitors, and the atmosphere was magic with so many people enjoying themselves with family and friends.
Since we walked so much (at our age), we took a taxi back to the Cal Train Station, and the driver was from Afghanistan. He spoke excellent English, and my wife talked with him during the whole trip. His family is with him in San Francisco, but he's planning to return to Afghanistan, because he misses his other family members and friends.
So, let's hear it from those interested in coming which month and dates will fit for you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,147 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 08:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I like you, and San Francisco is part of my path, but that is getting to be longer ago. It has changed greatly. I read their newspapers.

Not all of us posters can afford to fly off, me, for example. I would have been there before if I could.

I'm not sure who you think you are talking with.
We don't all have your bank account.

Meantime, if some a2ker can visit, I'm all for that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 09:16 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm not expecting people to sacrifice their income to join us in San Francisco. However, I remember we had a a2k member come from Paris, two from Boston, and one from San Diego. Walter came at another time, and we were able to have a small meet with some other locals.
I also organized meets in Austin, Houston, and NYC, and they were successful to the extent that a few showed up. Even the London gathering was successful.
A2k has also been the link where I met a member in Moscow (Sergei) and Mexico City (Francisco Baez).
Those are the reasons why I'm trying to organize another gathering.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 09:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good on you, CI. I hope you never stop.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 10:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hope I never stop too, but the reality is I'm 80 years old. I can still sort of hold my own when it comes to walking long distances, but I also know my limitations. I believe that walking keeps me healthy, so my wife and I do try to go for a walk almost every day for 15 to 20 minutes. Sometimes longer.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 08:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Good. I believe in walking, plus getting about 15 minutes sunshine every day.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 02:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
After lunch today, my wife and I walked around Costco.
While in San Francisco yesterday, there was a cafe selling beignet like the ones sold at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans. It was very good! My wife said afterwards, we should have bought three (better price) instead of sharing the one. LOL
0 Replies