BOSTON, Dys and Diane's Big Adventure.

mac11

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 08:50 am
Hey, can I crash this party? I'm giving some serious thought to coming up for this. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:00 am
come on down, or would that be up to you?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:03 am
Up and over, I guess.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:39 am
ooooooooooooh
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 02:56 pm
Ummm.. Not to be a bummer or anything but if we're going Asian cuisine I need to call ahead and see if they mind if I have a pizza delivered. Wink
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:07 pm
George, those places sound as if they might be considerably quieter than most in Boston.

MAC11--great!!Please come if you can. We'd all love to see you and meet you. WOW--this is getting exciting!

Poor fishin' you can bring your own pizza--I'd bet they wouldn't mind--or, they might have a gringo menu--or whatever the term used by Chinese.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:00 pm
Geez fishin, that bad?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 12:07 am
BTW, I think I forgot to mention that our reservations at the Crowne Plaza are for October 15th and 16th, checking out on the 17th--but just because we're checking out on the 17th doesn't mean we couldn't stay for the day if that works out best for everyone else.

We will need to know for sure when all of you have decided on the time and place or the times and places--depending on how your schedules work. We will probably leave early in the week prior to that weekend and will be out of touch for a couple of days.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 06:12 am
Diane wrote:
...they might have a gringo menu--or whatever the term used by Chinese.

That would be "lo-fan".
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:12 pm
George, "lo-fan" is one I'd never heard. OK, fishin' needs a Chinese or restaurant which also serves lo-fan food.

Littlek---completely off topic--the chilis I sent you are awful! I didn't try them until after I had sent you and realjohnboy a box. They must have been roasted too long, because they seemed to become all skin and no flesh. I"m soooo sorry that you will be disappointed after expecting real Hatch chilis.
DARN!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 11:09 pm
Well, they'll smell good! And, I'll try'm anyway.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:51 pm
ah good..the fishinman came in and cleared up the date thing and its looking like other than Columbus Day is good for others as well, thats fabulous.

Yeah, the Chinese thing he doesnt do, at all. However, most Chinese restaurants do serve regular whiteboy food--not sushi places though so, lets just figure out what place and go from there. Actually- we probably will have had lunch if its the weekend following Columbus Day so, I dont think itll be a that bad. Heck, We'll get him a sub or somethin.

All kinds of sortsd of peeps interested in meeting up, thats lovely. Its been a great while since we all got together.

Will be lovely to see everyone, and to see new faces as well. Smile
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:18 am
Wow!
This sounds great, guys! This time I don't have to be green with envy, since we're meeting up with them in Denver! Well, I sure would like to come to Bahstin, I liked it the first time, and I bet we'd love it a lot more after meeting y'all!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:06 pm
Diane/dys - will you be driving across, under the Great Lakes, on your way to Bahstin?

The lesson of Madison leaves me knowing that 15/16 in Bahstin will not work for people (Setanta/me) who need to be collecting dogs in south-eastern Ontario on the 15th, on their way back to Tranna and Columbus.

Maybe we can try to meet you on your way to Bahstin?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 01:50 pm
Dang. I can't get the mapquest map dragged over here.

Albuquerque through Oklahoma City, running through Columbus, onto the New York Turnpike, over to Bahstin.

Quote:
Total Est. Time: 33 hours, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2236.06 miles
Shocked Shocked

Does that sound about right?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 01:52 pm
"Running through Columbus"??

Now THAT would be about poifect. I'd miss the Boston contingent, but I could still meet Dys + Diane and see ehBeth and Set again.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:02 pm
right on
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:05 pm
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

sooooooooo - the question is - would dys and diane be averse to stopping on their way back or forth?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 04:00 pm
certainly on the way forth, plan on we arrive cloumbus early eve of oct 11 depart morn oct 13 arrive boston oct 15 midday yeah soz
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 04:53 pm
We will probably arrive in Columbus by early evening on Monday the 11th, so dinner together is quite possible. Then we will have all day on Tuesday the 12th.

How about it ehBeth, Set and Soz? In a way this will be better because larger groups are more difficult when trying to get to know each other and for Soz and me, it makes it much easier.
0 Replies