BOSTON, Dys and Diane's Big Adventure.

Diane

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:10 pm
We are planning a trip to Boston, CT and NYC in the middle of October. How about a Boston get together? We'd love to see you all. We might even bring Fred. We have lots of flexibility, so let us know when you all have some free time.

If Seal Poet can come, he and Bob can do a Fire Sign Theatre skit for us.

Bob promises not to bring his rifle, not after the SWAT team adventure in Rhode Island...

littlek

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:13 pm
yeehaw!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:44 pm
*perk* Columbus Day weekend is bad for Quinn and I. Otherwise... Let the planning comence!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:47 pm
Oooh!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:47 pm
You gonna come out and visit Soz? :p
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:52 pm
I wish!

If it's before November, there's the tiniest chance, because my best friend, who lives in Boston, is about to embark on a huge long trip around the world, like will be gone for years, and I'd like to see her before she goes. (Boston is more accessible than Saudi Arabia...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:53 pm
(She's leaving in November, that is. So October would be good. Hmmmmm....)
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:21 pm
i'm in if i'm here,
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:31 pm
Rhode Island? SWAT TEAM!?

Whaddaya gonna do, Diane? Just leave us hanging.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 10:13 pm
Well, sweet Roger, you'll just have to join us in Boston to find out...hee, hee.

Really, didn't Bob tell you about the time he was doing computer consulting in Providence? The job was going to be about three months long, so he brought his usual "stuff." Being an old rancher and farmer from CO, he brought his rifle along. Someone must have seen him going into the apartment, thought he must be a terrorist (beard and long hair, obviously must be a terrorist), and called the cops. They actually sent out a SWAT team.

When he told me about it, I said he must have been crazy to bring a rifle to Rhode Island. He just looked at me-- a sort of "Huh?" look. Westerners, especially ranchers and farmers, think of guns as tools and really don't understand the gun paranoia of Easterners.

Bob has never had an urge to return to Rhode Island (I think he's a little skeptical of MA and CT).

You wanna come along? You could ride in the back seat with Fred and listen to him say, "Hi Fred, Hi Fred" for two straight days.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 10:21 pm
Since fishin' and Quinn are necessary components of the Boston group, we'll keep Coumbus Day out of the picture.

Soz!! Yes, Boston and October are GOOD. It would be a very special treat to see you.

Can anyone suggest a hotel near a T stop just outside Boston? I always get hopelessly lost when trying to drive in downtown Boston--there's never a place to park anyway-- and would prefer to stay in a motel and take the T.

So, you all, it's up to you to come up with one or two days when it will be convenient for you--we don't have any schedule or agenda except for getting to see you. When PM's are working again, I'll let littlek know our phone number in ABQ and CT so that we can make last minute arrangements.

Yay!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 11:18 pm
Don't think so. MA does have a narrow attitude on firearms, come to think of it. Still planning on Denver, aren't you, Diane?

Someday, I'll have to tell you about a friend of mine that tried to stand of a sheriff's posse in La Plata County, CO. Note the word "tried."
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:19 am
Give me the exact dates you'll be in Boston, Diane. Also, just out of curiosity, where is your house in New Mexico? Will there be anyone staying there? Security system?

I'm just concerned about your home, that's all.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:43 am
Columbus Day weekend is also bad for us, but the rest of October is probably fine.

How far out of Boston do you want to stay?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:09 am
hmmmmmm

Setanta and I looking at a road trip in the October 8 - 18 window. Maybe we should head east again? (I was actually thinking north, but plans are meant to be re-considered).
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:42 am
I know that there is a Holiday Inn in Newton MA which is adjacent to the the Riverside Station of the MBTA's Green Line.

Holiday Inn Boston Newton I-95
399 Grove Street
Newton, Massachusetts
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:44 am
uhhhhhhhhhhh - when is Columbus Day? (for the non-American triptik creator)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:51 am
If you guys are coming to NYC...I wanna meet with yez!

Lemme know your itinerary...and I'll work out a meet.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:57 am
frank-groovy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:00 am
Columbus Day is Monday, Oct. 11th.

Holiday Inn Boston-Newton: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/bosnt?irs=null
0 Replies