Psssst San Francisco.....Ready for another Meet?

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:42 am
During my short visit to NYC last week, Joe(showing interest)Nation said he'll trek to the Golden State if we can set up a Meet, so here's the deal.

I'll be busy from Nov 27 to Dec 7, and from the second week of January for two weeks. Otherwise, my schedule is pretty much open and free to meet and greet visitors to Northern California.

All we need are participant desired dates - preferably that includes a weekend.
The dates with the most interest will be selected.

Okay, guys, lets get this rolling.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 09:43 pm
It seems no one is interested. I guess I can start researching for my trips for 2015.

This will be my last offer for any meets in San Francisco. I'm no spring chicken, and won't have the energy to make this offer in the future.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You poor thing!

I'd like to meet in San Francisco, have done it before, but I lived not impossibly far away, back then. I can't afford to go there now. You, C.I., seem to think all of us are able, at large, to just sign up, and now are insulted if not getting a batch of us to sign up.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 09:14 am
@ossobuco,
From MPOV and many others I have talked to, the economy seems to be improving very well; most have recovered their losses from 2008-2009, and the increase in jobs, auto and home sales are growing at a healthy pace.

The cruise I just returned from that holds over 3,500 passengers was full.

My visit to NYC was packed with visitors; visiting all the venues are not exactly free, but filled with people.

I'm not sure what I'm 'missing' in my observations.

0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 02:12 am
Northern Europeans travel more than the southern Europeans.But hardly anyone would travel as much as you do. Money, time, energy and interest is missing.
Travelling has changed the last few years. People spend less money on a trip, are gone fewer days on one trip but take more shorter trips.
There are older people who spend all their savings on travelling, which means the state has to pay for their old people´s home. Others makes depths.
Travelling "all inclusive" is the cheapest way. But unfortunately that means that the little restaurants and small hotels are struggling to survive. That is not very good for the economy in the tourist areas.
Good for the enviroment are coachtours. They ar cheaper than travelling alone but again the most famous sights are overcrowded and you stand for hours to get to see somthing and can´t see it because of the masses and the masses destroy much of the beautiful floors, gardens or whatever you are supposed to see. All the junk they trouw everywhere certainly is not good for the enviroment.
The cruize ships are the worst polluters we have. Not only the smoke from the chimnies but the food which is just thrown out. Also the masses which invades a place for a few hours is not good for the enviroment.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 02:25 pm
@saab,
On my way to the New Jersey international airport on the shuttle van last week, I met two young ladies from Austria. They were in their early twenties, and they told me they travel as much as they can. They've traveled all over Europe, South America and the US. I was impressed, because they started their independent travels earlier than most. A young couple from Germany was also returning to their country from their visit to NYC. I gave them my travel blog addresses in the hopes that I'll gain a few more fans. Laughing
saab

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 11:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That certainly is not the typical studentlife.
In Germany the average student has 962 dollars a month and about 30% goes to rent.
There is not money left to travel around the world. What the two Germans are concerned you do not know what kind of cheap trip they had booked or if they were staying with friends or if they had worked hard to save for this trip or if it was a gift from their parents.
0 Replies